The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Internaut

Room 82 redux.... And hi res.... And with the old FL-36R mounted on the Pen F. Was quite surprised that hi res mode will support flash. Taking the photo does take some time though.

Room 82
by Jason Hindle, on Flickr

Full res image for interested pixel peepers.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/46999400354_46df0fd89a_o.jpg

80MP raw, initial toning in Lightroom, followed by finishing (including down sizing to 60MP in Photoshop). File was quite dark, mostly thanks to shadow adjustment being set to auto, so noise is visible in the final output.

scho

Worm hunting was slow today for this robin. E-M1X with the 60mm macro lens. Shot in HHHR mode, but original composited raw was blurry due to movement of the bird so I just ran the ORI file (first raw in the sequence that is saved with the raw high res file) through Topaz AI Gigapixel enlarging to same dimensions as the HHHR file (8160x6120). This a central crop.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Worm hunting was slow today for this robin. E-M1X with the 60mm macro lens. Shot in HHHR mode, but original composited raw was blurry due to movement of the bird so I just ran the ORI file (first raw in the sequence that is saved with the raw high res file) through Topaz AI Gigapixel enlarging to same dimensions as the HHHR file (8160x6120). This a central crop.

That looks fantastic except for a blurry area about a third from the right edge. Looks like some software going bananas. I had this now and then with the Panasonic 7-14mm on the GH1/2/3, and was told that it was caused by processing limitations in camera, although I don'tthink Panasonic has ever admitted anything of the sort.

scho

That looks fantastic except for a blurry area about a third from the right edge. Looks like some software going bananas. I had this now and then with the Panasonic 7-14mm on the GH1/2/3, and was told that it was caused by processing limitations in camera, although I don'tthink Panasonic has ever admitted anything of the sort.
Thanks Jorgen. I noticed that blurry area also (and it is in the original file as well) but I don't know what caused it. Shot was taken through a glass window with drizzle going on outside, but other than that I'm not sure. I'll keep an eye out in future shots and see if it repeats.

k-hawinkler

The entire upper part seems blurry, no? :facesmack:
However the American Robin is captured very well.

scho

The entire upper part seems blurry, no? :facesmack:
However the American Robin is captured very well.
I think that the upper part blur is just a DOF issue and perhaps some distortion from the window glass. This was shot at f/4 and the robin was at the bottom of a small hill. Here is the full size original ORI file for context.

pegelli

Dusty and rusty

Eikel (= Acorn or Jerk, I think here it's meant in the latter meaning :grin:)

Both Olympus E-P3 + OM Zuiko 85/2

scho

Flower detail shot using E-M1X with 60mm Macro. Tripod mounted high resolution mode.

Onions. E-M1X with 60mm Macro. Tripod mounted high resolution mode.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I'm going through some old files, this one from 2014, and find that I miss the 75mm and, surprisingly, the GH3. I get this creeping feeling that the 16MP sensor might actually be better (more exposure lattitude) than the 20MP one. Or maybe it's the electronics of the GH3... or maybe it simply doesn't matter what camera I use. Lenses on the other hand :lecture:

Central Railway Station, Yangon.

GH3 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/2

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Nah... forget what I just wrote. Shadows were fine with that camera, highlights not so much. Nothing to find there (I pulled the highlight slider all the way to the lft here). Let's just call it "hi-key", shall we :ROTFL:

GH3 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/2

Internaut

A few from the Sunday walk...

Local boozer - rough old place (wouldn't be seen in there).

Three Legs of Man by Jason Hindle, on Flickr

Manchester's tallest building will be less than half the height of the World Trade Center. The locals call this new district the Manchattan skyline.

Manchattan Skyline by Jason Hindle, on Flickr

Oxford Road by Jason Hindle, on Flickr

Manchattan Skyline by Jason Hindle, on Flickr

This last one is all a bit experimental. FL-36R mounted, metered manually while outside of the tunnel (1/250 and then adjusted the aperture accordingly). Walked back into the tunnel and took a few snaps, using the FL-36R to illuminate the interior.

RochdaleCanal by Jason Hindle, on Flickr