The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Knorp

One of the EM1-II features I like is 'Keystone Compensation'. A cool feature IMO ...
Left the uncorrected converted RAW image and right the in-camera converted image at maximum compensation.

| em1-ii | zuiko 7-14/4.0 |

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Very cosnfusing ….. should that be

Gratulerer med nasjonaldagen

or,

S̄uk̄hs̄ạnt̒ wạn chāti ?
On the 17th of May, Norwegians bcome very Norwegian, so I think the Norwegian variety is more suitable. We only say "Gratulerer med dagen" btw., as we also say on birthdays. Norwegians are supposed to know what day we talk about :)

The most common Thai way would probably be "yin dee duay wan chaat", litterally "happy national day" where "duay", which means "also" doesn't really have a meaning other than making the phrase more polite. However, when it comes to wishing people something good, the Thai language offers and endless row of varieties, often depending on your position in society, and not least your position in relation to the one you wish well. It's a very complicated language.

scho

Re-processed image taken last month at the Cornell arboretum. Processed in Luminar 3.1 and Joe Colson's Framework script in Photoshop.

Internaut

One of the nice things about using flash more often is that those initial indoor test shots, when acquiring a new toy, are that bit easier. Saw it in the window of my local London Camera Exchange, today. There were two of them. I bought the more expensive of the two as it had two thirds less shots, a second proper Olympus battery and a cable release. Right, I need to stop buying stuff!

The Test Shot - OMD E-M1 Mk 2
by Jason Hindle, on Flickr

pegelli

A few more from the vintage car rally of May 1 this year

1: A later frog

2: Chevvy

3: Sting Ray

4: Moto Guzzi

5: Bristol

6: Ready for takeoff

All Olympus E-P3 + M-Summicron 50/2 (DR)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
More beach kids, from a fishing village at the south of Mindanao. These kids literally grow up in and over the water. They live in houses, but the houses stand on stilts on the beach, in or out of the water depending on the tide.

GX8 with Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 @ 40mm and f/2.8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
GX8 with Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 @ 35mm and f/4

I often hear that the lacking ability of MFT to throw the background out of focus is a problem. This photo is taken at 35mm and stopped down to f/4. It's even cropped, and the background would have been blurrier if I had zoomed in or gone closer. If I take a photo with blurrier background, there will be nothing there, no story to tell, no indication of where this is and the environment the girl is growing up in. They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, or something like that, but only if I can see what is in the picture.

Maybe I'm weird :loco:

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Oh well... I didn't get that natural smile that I'd hoped for, but she's cute anyway, isn't she?

This lens renders a bit like Velvia, if you see what I mean. I've even taken down reds and oranges a bit here.

Four years earlier, same girl different camera, Nikon D810 with Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AiS. No, I don't see any reason to go back to full frame.

Knorp

No, I don't see any reason to go back to full frame.
I found 43 as good as any of my Sony or Fuji systems.
The 43 files are less forgiving and require gentle processing.
But given enough light (e.g. ETTR) and low-medium contrast, it's fine.

Brgds.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Oh well... I didn't get that natural smile that I'd hoped for, but she's cute anyway, isn't she?

This lens renders a bit like Velvia, if you see what I mean. I've even taken down reds and oranges a bit here.

Four years earlier, same girl different camera, Nikon D810 with Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AiS. No, I don't see any reason to go back to full frame.
Hey Jorgen!

Now we are talking - the 12-40 is one of the most marvellous lenses I ever shot and it clearly shows in your photo(s). I compared it many times to Fuji and Nikon equivalents (equivalent focal length) and I was always surprised by how good the 12-40 renders. One of my main reasons to stay in m43 territory.

I like the image you shot with the 12-40 much more than the older one - both colours, sharpness and rendering of OOF areas.

Enjoy,

Peter

PS: you might want to try a EM1.2 (used or low price) as there are now a number of these cameras on the market meanwhile and you would love m43 even more :cool:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Hey Jorgen!

Now we are talking - the 12-40 is one of the most marvellous lenses I ever shot and it clearly shows in your photo(s). I compared it many times to Fuji and Nikon equivalents (equivalent focal length) and I was always surprised by how good the 12-40 renders. One of my main reasons to stay in m43 territory.

I like the image you shot with the 12-40 much more than the older one - both colours, sharpness and rendering of OOF areas.

Enjoy,

Peter

PS: you might want to try a EM1.2 (used or low price) as there are now a number of these cameras on the market meanwhile and you would love m43 even more :cool:
It's indeed a very impressive lens, and totally different from the Panasonic 12-35mm. As for Olympus cameras, I will buy one sooner or later, but will wait until the E-M5 III is launched. I will also be looking for a 75mm (again).