The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Arrival at General Santos City, the place with the fishing boats and the children and all the friendliness. It must be the safest place on earth, since there are armed soldiers and control posts everywhere, not least at the airport :ROTFL:

GX8 with Pana 7-14mm f/4 @ 7mm and f/5.6

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I was invited to a birthday party at the beach today. Some of the guests disappeared beneath the table rather quickly :chug:

GX8 with Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 @ 21mm and f/2.8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Kiamba, more or less as far south as you can come on the Philippines. Very wet, very green.

GX8 with Pana 100-300mm II @ 100mm and f/8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The master of 8 Ball. He sunk all the balls straight, three times in a row. Very impressive. Must be the local champion of Maasim.

GX8 with Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 @ 35mm and f/2.8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
If you are looking for leaders for tomorrow, walk into any poor neighbourhood in the developing world. In most countries, you'll be surrounded by children. Surprisingly often, there will be one girl, rarely a boy, at the age of 10-12 following you around, often carrying a younger sibling, explaining about the village and the life there. She's always a smart child, speaks English better than the others, and already at that young age, she has visions and aims.

My dream would be to gather or sponsor those girls, give them proper education, give them the opportunity to flourish. The world needs more educated, smart girls with visions and aims.

GX8 with Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 @ 32mm and f/4

Thorkil

If you are looking for leaders for tomorrow, walk into any poor neighbourhood in the developing world. In most countries, you'll be surrounded by children. Surprisingly often, there will be one girl, rarely a boy, at the age of 10-12 following you around, often carrying a younger sibling, explaining about the village and the life there. She's always a smart child, speaks English better than the others, and already at that young age, she has visions and aims.

My dream would be to gather or sponsor those girls, give them proper education, give them the opportunity to flourish. The world needs more educated, smart girls with visions and aims.

GX8 with Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 @ 32mm and f/4

:thumbs: YES - the boys/men will just spend them instead (do we recognize the problem ourselves :lecture: ?)

AlanS

Well, back from this years tour in Europe on the motorbike. We travelled from the UK to Makarska in Croatia via quite a few countries! As ever, pics from our stopovers and nothing in between! (I am either riding or doing photography, my wife takes the road shots from the back of the bike whilst moving). Anyway, here is the first....
Bavaria, Germany. Looking south. (3 shot pano)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
These folks don't have much money, but candy is cheap. So the kids get candy, the sugar industry thrives and the teeth rot and fall out.

GX8 with Pana 100-300mm II @ 100mm and f/11

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Here's the problem when old men mix Panasonic and Zuiko lenses:
The zoom ring of the Zuikos turn the wrong way, so when I return to the camera with the Panasonic lens, I know that I have to turn it the other way on that lens. Unfortunately, I also turned the command wheel for the aperture the wrong way, so when I intended to go from f/8 to f/5.6, I went to f/11 and then to f/14. No, I don't read that complicated stuff in the viewfinder. My OM-1 didn't have that. What are all those numbers anyway? :loco:

GX8 with Pana 100-300mm II @ 300mm and f/14