The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

AlanS

Makarska, Croatia...
B.t.w. all pics taken with the PanaLeica 12-60 f2.8-4 (not sure why exif is not picking it up).

Thorkil

These folks don't have much money, but candy is cheap. So the kids get candy, the sugar industry thrives and the teeth rot and fall out.

GX8 with Pana 100-300mm II @ 100mm and f/11

Yes Jørgen, governments ought to be far more restrictive and don't let the industry produce all that they want to produce, we are in really deep trouble all over,
it's now the politicians ought to save us and the planet too, by taking right decisions and some alarming restrictions. But these decisions will be unpopular even though deeply necessarily, but the politicians want to be elected next time too...
so they won't do it - so what shall we do? it's a hard nut to crack...if I were more religious I would pray rather often...
(Sorry for the words)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Yes Jørgen, governments ought to be far more restrictive and don't let the industry produce all that they want to produce, we are in really deep trouble all over,
it's now the politicians ought to save us and the planet too, by taking right decisions and some alarming restrictions. But these decisions will be unpopular even though deeply necessarily, but the politicians want to be elected next time too...
so they won't do it - so what shall we do? it's a hard nut to crack...if I were more religious I would pray rather often...
(Sorry for the words)
In Norway they recently tried heavier taxes on products with sugar. The result: people travelled to Sweden to buy instead. And Norwegians are supposed to be educated :loco:

Elliot

Zadar, Croatia sunset

P1090368 copy.JPG

Panasonic G85, Panasonic Lumix 12-32mm at 12mm, f/11, 1/1000, 200 ISO
© E. Vittes

pegelli

In Norway they recently tried heavier taxes on products with sugar. The result: people travelled to Sweden to buy instead. And Norwegians are supposed to be educated :loco:
Aren't a lot of Scandinavians taking the ferry to Germany to tank up on alcoholic beverages (and get tanked in the process)?

Restricting the use of an illegal substance is very hard, restricting a legal one nearly impossible :confused:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Aren't a lot of Scandinavians taking the ferry to Germany to tank up on alcoholic beverages (and get tanked in the process)?

Restricting the use of an illegal substance is very hard, restricting a legal one nearly impossible :confused:
When I still lived in Norway, it was like this:
The Norwegians go to Sweden, the Swedes go to Denmark and the Danes go to Germany, all because it was cheaper on the other side of the border. Norwegians still go to Sweden, in large numbers. In Norway it's called "Harry trade", since the name Harry is kind of derogatory in Norway. Long story about that that I don't have time for right now.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
When I still lived in Norway, it was like this:
The Norwegians go to Sweden, the Swedes go to Denmark and the Danes go to Germany, all because it was cheaper on the other side of the border. Norwegians still go to Sweden, in large numbers. In Norway it's called "Harry trade", since the name Harry is kind of derogatory in Norway. Long story about that that I don't have time for right now.
And an other (off topic) curiosity : Swiss citizens go to Germany and buy goods . (mostly food)
On export , they get a full refund of the german V.A.T , which is 19% and then they have to pay the SWISS V.A.T. which is only 8% . :ROTFL: . No , sorry , this is NO FAKE .

That keeps the customs officers on both sides of the boarder rather busy

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Challenging image this. Bangkok with its afternoon heat haze, a lens that is only sharp at f/8 and the GX8 that isn't the latest, greatest when it comes to detail rendering. Solution? Buy a G9, a 50-200mm or 200mm + TC1.4x and take the photo in the morning. That sounds exepensive, doesn't it? :ROTFL:

GX8 with Pana 100-300mm II @ 300mm and f/8

It's funny that Bangkok, one of the flatest cities on earth, has a local rail system that in places looks like a roller coaster :LOL: