The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
GX8 with Zuiko 40-150mm f/4-5.6 @ 49mm and f/5.6

This little lens, the cheap Zuiko 40-150mm f/4-5.6, is very useful. Small, lightweight and surprisingly sharp when stopped down a bit. Together with a "normal" zoom (I use the Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 for the time being) and the Panasonic 7-14mm f/4 plus a portrait lens, it makes for a great travel kit.

pegelli

I participated in a Kelby photowalk the past weekend. Just for fun I also took my EP-3 and FE 9/8 bodycap lens along to experiment a little.
Here's a few impressions:

Along the Maas near Empel ('s Hertogenbosch)

PEG_EP3_058763_20191005 by Pieter Gellings, on Flickr

Some nice clouds above the river

PEG_EP3_058758_20191005 by Pieter Gellings, on Flickr

A few of the 30 "walkers"
PEG_EP3_058756_20191005 by Pieter Gellings, on Flickr

And a macro of an Inky top I saw there
PEG_EP3_058753_20191005 by Pieter Gellings, on Flickr

All except the last one defished in Lightroom with the Sigma 10 mm Fisheye profile @ 110% distortion

AlanS

Just back from a week in Montenegro, beautiful country! Pics are a bit random but I will start with a 3 image pano of Kotor bay (Kotor is in bottom rh corner). We were very lucky as there were no cruise ships in during our visit!

AlanS

Hi Will, I presume you are refering to the "con trails"? If so then I can say only one is actually a trail, the rest are natural clouds! The ships dock at the large key and swamp the very small walled town! There can be 4 or 5 there at once!

As for the m43rd stuff, well that is easy, I use it for travel (on the bike) and holidays. Tbh I could quite easily just use it for all my work (I don't print big) but I really like using the GFX and can also play with various lens.

Thorkil

Hi Allan, you are able to create an obvious and certain (and beautiful!) type of clarity in your pictures. Allow me to think that it is a part of your processing.
Are you in C1 (I wish) or ? Please enlighten me a bit of what and how you do, naturally only if you want and don't care to share :)
best Thorkil

AlanS

Hi Thorkil, I really appreciate your kind words.
For processing I mainly use Dxo for both my m43rd and fuji gfx files. I don't have any "secret sauce" for processing but judge each pic on it's own merits. I will try and keep a uniformaty for a set of pics (such as these) but it will vary from one set to another. I sometimes use the free version of C1 for my fuji files if the look suits me and I also use On 1 as well. I tend to back off the std sharpening from the Dxo lens module as I find that I prefer a more relaxed look but create the clarity by using micro contrast. It is more of a feel I have rather than a recipe, if that makes any sense? Hope that is helpfull.

Thorkil

Hi Thorkil, I really appreciate your kind words.
For processing I mainly use Dxo for both my m43rd and fuji gfx files. I don't have any "secret sauce" for processing but judge each pic on it's own merits. I will try and keep a uniformaty for a set of pics (such as these) but it will vary from one set to another. I sometimes use the free version of C1 for my fuji files if the look suits me and I also use On 1 as well. I tend to back off the std sharpening from the Dxo lens module as I find that I prefer a more relaxed look but create the clarity by using micro contrast. It is more of a feel I have rather than a recipe, if that makes any sense? Hope that is helpfull.
Thank you Alan. Yes fine pictures they are! Yes it helps, and it doesn't :eek: Perhaps I was hoping for a C1 trick..If I was more computerminded I would now take a look at the Dxo software, to see if that was the "trick". But I'm afraid that I, for the time being at least, are not capable of another software program than my C1. Time will tell. And my foremost maintask has to be getting time, to get out, with a camera in the hand...but thanks! :)