The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

AlanS

You can get the same look in C1 (it is very capable), but you need the vision. Be clear what you are trying to achive and experiment, over time you will get the look you want. A good way is to try and match someones work you like, you won't achieve it but in the process you will develop your own. It is somewhat like learning to play an instrument, you try to copy someones style, fail and end up with your own style.

Thorkil

Yes, in C1, its a proper balance between lens sharpening, general sharpening, output sharpening for screen, contrast and not the least the clarity where the preference-choise are between punch (but one has to be carefull not making that too harsh) and classic, depending on basis and expression mood, but sometimes I dampen brightness rather much which gives fatter though softer colors..its a puzzle. But Dxo has got a special way to handle microcontrasts ???

AlanS

Yes Dxo does have a "microcontrast" slider but as I said I can get the same look from C1 or On 1, it's just I like Dxo and it is my go to s/w.

AlanS

We did a train journey from Bar to Kolasin and returned via coach down the Moraca canyon. These are all through the train window!

Montenegroes first motorway under construction!

Mala Rijeka, highest railway bridge in Europe.

Moraca canyon

Kolasin

Thorkil

Yes Dxo does have a "microcontrast" slider but as I said I can get the same look from C1 or On 1, it's just I like Dxo and it is my go to s/w.
Thanks Alan. Perhaps in the same sort of way as the clarity options in C1? Well I wont ask for more for now.. :) Perhaps I'll try the free month-version out some day. But has some longing growing for different style of pictures..of to Italy soon, and then see afterwards..