The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

AlanS

River Wear, 2 image h pano...
From this morning following Storm Ciara yesterday. The river flooded where I am standing to take this pic, and around 10-15ft of bank has dissapeared!

f6cvalkyrie

Sunrise with strong wind, today, in our village in rural Russia ...

E-M1 with 12-40/2.8 lens, 2x horizontal pano, stitched in Lightroom

_2117849-Pano-2.jpg

pegelli

Wow Alan, impressive how the river is "growing".

I like the last photo a lot, great line in the water flow and the cracks in the mud add more power. I guess after the next storm some of these trees near the side will be gone.

AlanS

Thanks Pieter, yes the erosion is progressive and what is now ready to fall was meters away from the edge just a short while ago! The last shot shows my "favourite" tree (see various shots in med format thread) in it's death throws now :( All this is quite natural of course except that the river rises much quicker now than it use to, which causes more erosion of the banks. The rainfall tends to be much heavier now than we use to get and it runs off the hills quicker causing a kind of "flash flood" on a regular basis, which is a very modern thing.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
This lens that nobody seems to want, I got mine for free, and you can find it new down to around $100, actually performs well in good light. It's only 190 grams. Great travel lens! Zuiko 40-150mm f/4-5.6 R. I used to stop it down to f/8, but it's actually doing well at f/5.6 too.

GX8 with Zuiko 40-150mm f/4-5.6 R @ 96mm and f/5.6

GX8 with Zuiko 40-150mm f/4-5.6 R @ 125mm and f/5.6

GX8 with Zuiko 40-150mm f/4-5.6 R @ 135mm and f/5.6

Photos from Kolkata.

Elderly

I prefer the colour version Jorgen - there is just so much colour,
but I do prefer the crop of the b & w.

I think that a crop excluding the lady on the left might be amusing?

Elderly

It's YOUR image Jorgen so I have NO right to tamper :eek: - but maybe? ........

Let me know if you want me to delete it :salute:.

bensonga

It's been awhile since I posted any images here. I found this one as I was looking for something to print for the next color or B&W print exchanges. I decided to use the B&W version this month and the color version next month. I'll post the B&W version in the thread "Planes, Trains and Automobiles".

A nicely modified 1971 Triumph T100 Daytona (500 cc) which I saw at the 2016 Rolex Monterey Motorsport Reunion at the Laguna Seca track in California.

Gary

GH-3 with the original 100-300 mm lens (I had this lens mounted on the GH-3 at all times).