The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

neilvan

Decided to dust off my E-5/90-250mm today to see what I could find around the neighbourhood...all handheld, forgot my monopod. :facesmack:

The Mallard hens are always more tolerant of me.

The green and purple iridescent feathers on the drakes always catch my eye.

A Hooded Merganser with a rather large Crayfish lunch, it was fun watching him line it up to get it down his gullet.

Fungus and mosses are always interesting to me. :eek:

bensonga

I haven’t seen any photos or posts from Jorgen in the past week. I’ve been missing them.

With all that is happening in the world now, I hope he is ok.

Gary

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I haven’t seen any photos or posts from Jorgen in the past week. I’ve been missing them.

With all that is happening in the world now, I hope he is ok.

Gary
Thank you for thinking about me Gary. I'm fine but tired. The current, well known situation has created lots of extra work, including hand carrying 95 kg of spare parts to a remote location in the Philippines. It became clear that our installation team wouldn't be able to finish their work in time to return to Thailand before the borders were closed, so we needed to give them something to do. I got back on the last flight though. No time for photos unfortunately, except for from the fishmeal plant I visited and the almost empty lounge at Manila Airport where I spent 7 hours on the way back to Bangkok.

Now we are busy trying to get some orders before everybody enters "Corona Mode", so that we are ensured some cash flow the coming months.

Here's one from Satun last month:

GX8 with Zuiko 40-150mm f/4-5.6 @ 150mm and f/8

leuallen

_3130524-CHH.jpg

Got lucky on the timing on this one. Em1X Pan 1.4 [email protected] 1/160 ISO 6400 Denoise AI using Clear. I have no hesitation of going to 10,800 ISO for this type of shot using Denoise AI. The Em1X is great for this kind of work because, although this is horizontal, verticals are a great portion of the shots and the Em1X feels great for verticals. Contrary to many opinions, the Em1X does not seem too large or heavy when in use. I have the Em1.2, GX8, and Pan G9 for comparison.

This was a treat shooting because there was plenty of interesting light on the band. I usually shoot the band leader in solo performances in poorly lit bars. In those cases M4/3 still comes through although at the cost of increased time processing using Denoise. The camera system compactness, great lenses, who else has a very sharp 150mm 1.8 equivalent, and relatively lower system cost wins. If I were doing this professionally where time counts in the equation and I were getting mucho bucks then maybe FF would have an edge.

Larry

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
View attachment 148058

Got lucky on the timing on this one. Em1X Pan 1.4 [email protected] 1/160 ISO 6400 Denoise AI using Clear. I have no hesitation of going to 10,800 ISO for this type of shot using Denoise AI. The Em1X is great for this kind of work because, although this is horizontal, verticals are a great portion of the shots and the Em1X feels great for verticals. Contrary to many opinions, the Em1X does not seem too large or heavy when in use. I have the Em1.2, GX8, and Pan G9 for comparison.

This was a treat shooting because there was plenty of interesting light on the band. I usually shoot the band leader in solo performances in poorly lit bars. In those cases M4/3 still comes through although at the cost of increased time processing using Denoise. The camera system compactness, great lenses, who else has a very sharp 150mm 1.8 equivalent, and relatively lower system cost wins. If I were doing this professionally where time counts in the equation and I were getting mucho bucks then maybe FF would have an edge.

Larry
Great shot and very impressive low light performance :thumbs:

Knorp

zaandam - inntel hotels ...

| em1-ii | z7-14/4 |

NB in case you wonder: these JPEGs are (almost) SooC shot with the in-camera 'Keystone Compensation' feature (keystone correction and perspective control).