The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Friedel

New Pictures from the Frankfurt Anglerheim :)

This time in colour, hope you like it.
G1 with CV Heliar 75mm at ISO 1250.

A Brasilian Lady, she was in the audience, joined surprisingly the group for some songs. It was great.
This one is from the Nokton 40mm

C&C welcome, thank you for looking, Karl

apicius9

I really enjoy this whole thread, but the last pics hit home: Jazz and Ebbelwoi, how much better can it get? Greetings from a lurker from Mittelhessen, now exiled in Hawaii - where they have beer but no Ebbelwoi...

Stefan

Jonas

New Pictures from the Frankfurt Anglerheim :)

This time in colour, hope you like it.
G1 with CV Heliar 75mm at ISO 1250.
Thank you Karl. The Color Heliar is great. The subject is great. I like #1 and #2 even though the background is a bit cluttered on both of them. #3 is my favourite; the background is what it is (you can't decide everyting while at a club...) but there is a momentum and joy one can not avoid liking. #4 is adding to the series but not much by itself. Regards, /Jonas

Diane B

In between rain downpours today. Golden Raintree pods still remaining G1 with FD 35 f/2.8

Some very nice images the last few days.

Diane

R

Ranger 9

Love those jazz pics, Friedel! Brazilians just seem to be very spontaneous people...

...meanwhile, I just finished another Soundslides Plus "slideshow" with a lot of G1/M-mount lens images; you can see it here..

(By the way, you can watch it in full-screen view if you click the little icon at lower right.)

Teaser image:

This one has a more elaborate soundtrack than the first one tried. I'm getting to where I kind of enjoy making these -- although it seems to require almost exactly the same time investment as doing a video of the same total length!

f6cvalkyrie

@ Karl : that's a nice club you have there, and some very nice shots. I especially like the # 3 and 4 !

@ Diane : good that it stopped raining for a moment, lovely shot !

@ ranger 9 : excellent work, that made me think immediately of a russian amateur film I saw recently, called "urok tanzevat" (the dancing lesson). If you can find it on the web, a must see !!

have a nice day,
Rafael

Brian Mosley

...meanwhile, I just finished another Soundslides Plus "slideshow" with a lot of G1/M-mount lens images; you can see it here..
Really great little slideshow Jim, which software did you use to put it together? Your attention to detail with the soundtrack really lifted the whole thing to a new level.

Bravo!

Brian

Diane B

Ranger, I really enjoyed the slideshow. The soundtrack pulled it all together and carried it to a new level as Brian says.

Diane

R

Ranger 9

Ranger, I really enjoyed the slideshow. The soundtrack pulled it all together and carried it to a new level as Brian says.
Thanks all, glad you liked the slideshow. There would be various ways to do it, but I used Soundslides Plus -- it lets you throw together a simple project really quickly, but gives a good level of control if you want to get fancier.

My only real kick against it is that pan and zoom effects don't seem to be quite as smooth and sharp as those I get with another product, LQ Graphics' Photo to Movie. But the LQ product takes a lot more steps to get from initial images to finished product, so I gravitate toward Soundslides Plus unless the project is really motion-heavy.

As Brian and Diane noted, I was surprised and pleased at how much the soundtrack helped kick up the overall effect. But that scares me a bit -- sound is really kind of its own interest area, and I'd hate to get to the point where I'm spending as much time and money collecting microphones as I already do on lenses and such!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Ranger, The slideshow was really outstanding. I enjoyed it!

I went to Jacksonville beach this morning.
G1 and long zoom.

Last edited:

ricseet

Hi Ranger, I really enjoyed that clip that you put together. There were lots of great shoots as well. Very well done. BTW, which SW did you used to string them together?

cheers

ric

Brian Mosley

I pass this reservoir on the way home from the school run... this morning, I managed to capture this lone tree on the far side using the really nice PanaLeica 14-150 on the E-30.

E-30 + PL 14-150
1/6400s f/6.3 at 117.0mm iso100

I worked on the Raw image, which was initially converted to 16bit tiff using Oly Studio... finishing in LightZone which is a real pleasure to use for relighting.

Kind Regards

Brian