The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Diane B

Enjoyed those Cindy. The white pelicans especially appeal to me visually altho' the other 2 do also just for the pleasure of seeing some of these creatures (manatee and the brown pelicans made me smile).

Diane

Diane B

Two shot several days ago in a nearby county. I had spotted this house on a jaunt to a vineyard and found my way back. I was warned about getting too near by a neighbor--breakins, etc. I had hoped to get some closer, in windows, back, etc.

G1 14-45 (this was where I wished for wider---I would have liked an even more wide perspective and a bit of breathing room)

G1 45-200

G1 FD 24f/2.8 w/Cameraquest adaptor

Its always sad for me to see these old homes just left to rot. For the area its in, its quite 'grand' as this is more farm country than plantation country (western NC). Oh, a little trivia. I was told 2 vultures raise their young in the left/back chimney. How I would love to be there to see them rise off the chimney--don't think its quite time for them raising young yet, but may check and try to go back prepared to wait LOL.

Diane

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Two shot several days ago in a nearby county. I had spotted this house on a jaunt to a vineyard and found my way back. I was warned about getting too near by a neighbor--breakins, etc. I had hoped to get some closer, in windows, back, etc.

G1 14-45 (this was where I wished for wider---I would have liked an even more wide perspective and a bit of breathing room)

G1 45-200

G1 FD 24f/2.8 w/Cameraquest adaptor

Its always sad for me to see these old homes just left to rot. For the area its in, its quite 'grand' as this is more farm country than plantation country (western NC). Oh, a little trivia. I was told 2 vultures raise their young in the left/back chimney. How I would love to be there to see them rise off the chimney--don't think its quite time for them raising young yet, but may check and try to go back prepared to wait LOL.

Diane
Diane,
This series is wonderful. It is hard to pick a favorite. I love old, abandoned homes. I do get really nervous when I get out of my car to go traipsing around. I was chased by a Doberman once and barely made it back to my car. I guess a shotgun would be worse.:ROTFL: I can only imagine that looking in the windows of this one would be marvelous.

f6cvalkyrie

Very nice pics, Diane !
Congrats :clap:

Just one question, why did you tone the middle one differently ?
For me, it kinda breaks the coherence in the series ??

C U,
Rafael

Diane B

Well, it actually wasn't done as a series in the beginning. I thought of that when I posted though I admit LOL. I have gone back and reprocessed because I agree with you--and may print them as a series. (originally use an LR preset as a starting point because I wanted a 'nostalgic' feel--aged photo--but went back to my own mono processing).

and added 2 more to the set

45-200 lens

FD135 f/2.8

Thanks all for looking and commenting. Rafael, glad you asked the question. It pushed me to think of them differently.

Diane

Last edited:

woodyspedden

Great stuff Diane.

I have been doing a series on old barns in a similar style. These barns are so cool and they are disappearing at an alarming rate. When I see one I immediately shoot it because at the rate shopping centers and malls are going up where these once resided makes speed imperative.

Let's keep these wonderful structures alive as images that our children and grandchildren can appreciate.

Best

Woody

scho

Just back from a 2 week cruise in some much needed sunshine (San Diego to Ft Lauderdale via the Panama Canal). I used the G1 with both kit lenses and the PanLeica lux. The G1 and kit lenses performed very well on this trip and I was quite pleased with the images. Some shots from the cruise here and a sample image from Cartagena below.

W

wblynch

Just back from a 2 week cruise in some much needed sunshine (San Diego to Ft Lauderdale via the Panama Canal). I used the G1 with both kit lenses and the PanLeica lux. The G1 and kit lenses performed very well on this trip and I was quite pleased with the images.
Thanks for the post Scho. Cruise vacations is the exact reason I bought a G1 and though I haven't yet had the chance to use it thus, it's great to get come firsthand feedback.

-Bill L.

scho

Thanks for the post Scho. Cruise vacations is the exact reason I bought a G1 and though I haven't yet had the chance to use it thus, it's great to get come firsthand feedback.

-Bill L.
You are welcome Bill. The G1 is unobtrusive, easy to carry around (I used a light weight travel vest for lenses and camera), and still a very capable camera for travel photography.

Regards,
Carl

Brian Mosley

We had a couple of Safari Group outings this weekend, great company - ideal weather... lots of fun!

E-520 + PanaLeica 14-150mm f3.5-5.6
1/200s f/5.6 at 150.0mm iso100

E-520 + ZD 150mm f2
1/2000s f/2.0 at 150.0mm iso100

Kind Regards

Brian

Michiel Schierbeek

Some doors in symmetrical order of the Amsterdam School. an architectural movement in the first half of the former century. Great bricklayers!!
All token with the E/300, I think.

Yes must have been the kitlens - barrel distortion :cry:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Brian,
That 150mm..... sometimes, like every time I see a photo from it, it looks like it's really worth all those moneys, even though I'm not sure that I need the focal length, and it kind of turns any argument for buying the E-620 for its compactness into dust :(

But they have one in stock at a shop down the road here...

Michiel,
Great doors. Gotta love those bricklayers :)

ricseet

We had a couple of Safari Group outings this weekend, great company - ideal weather... lots of fun!

E-520 + PanaLeica 14-150mm f3.5-5.6
1/200s f/5.6 at 150.0mm iso100

E-520 + ZD 150mm f2
1/2000s f/2.0 at 150.0mm iso100

Kind Regards

Brian
Hi Brian, just love these shots. The blue on the peacock is super.

ric