The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Diane, those are two very beautiful photos.

Klaus, your neighbour has fooled you. The Ferrari that you shrunk is not a real one, but one he has enlarged from a miniature one. Have you checked if your neighbour has a very large Xerox machine in the backyard?

kweide

Klaus, your neighbour has fooled you. The Ferrari that you shrunk is not a real one, but one he has enlarged from a miniature one. Have you checked if your neighbour has a very large Xerox machine in the backyard?
Jorgen, yes he owns such a big black box. Boy what an evil neighbour ... )
And i took my revenge... shrinking nuts.... :)
Thanx to Voodoo priests... LOL

Last edited:
R

Ranger 9

I notice elsewhere on the forums that someone has a 100mm f/2 LTM Canon lens for sale. I don't know him and I'm not trying to hype his lens for him, but seeing that listing reminded me that this is one of my favorites, AND that I had used it earlier this afternoon on the G1 at a tech rehearsal for an upcoming ballet performance:

One thing I like about it is that unlike many "vintage" lenses,
it doesn't flare out drastically when bright light sources are in the picture area.

A 200mm f/2 lens on an FX-format camera would give me the same crop,
but would be quite a bit bigger and heavier (not to mention 'way beyond my budget!)

R

Ranger 9

Was this last just an assortment of images, or do they depict one event?

I particularly wondered about the fashion-forward woman drawing on the pavement with chalk...

back alley

they are from my saturday morning, first shot is from the farmer's market - a jewelry maker/seller.
second shot is in front of a store and she is chalking out an arrow pointing to the door of her shop.
third is where my car was parked.

monza

These aren't any comparison talent-wise to what else is in this thread, just a couple of pics I took yesterday with the G1 and a pair of Olympus Pen lenses. I don't know about everyone else, but it takes several shoots before I get a feel for a lens, and I just haven't had time to get out and do 'real' photography in the past few months. So it was good to get outside and experiment.

There is a large field near my house with wildflowers (well, they are called that in Texas; elsewhere, they are called 'weeds.') The first shot is with a 40/1.4, the second a 150/4.

sangio

I was bemoaming the published price of the new Pana 7-14 lens, so to feed my wideangle cravings, I stitched a few more pics taken last month. The first is a single frame taken with the G1's 14-45 kit lens at 14 mm. The second is a three image stitch, taken from the same camera position, with the lens at 14 mm. All were shot in jpeg with no PP except some colour correction.

The stitching software used was the really basic photomerge in Elements 6 in full auto mode. Interestingly, it corrected for the coverging verticals resulting from tilting the camera upwards.

The building is a Quaker Meeting House built in 1868 and still in use today.

cheers
Santo

cjlacz

It's been a while since I posted. I met with my teacher this weekend and worked on 'seeing' some more. This time with just basic lines and curves, but I learned a lot I think. A few of my favorites with some others on flickr.

This one was shot through a piece of glass and I love the way the sculpture looks transparent.

Rick Waldroup

Thanks Michiel for the kind words.

That first shot you posted is amazing. So much metal and steel in one place....really nice.

I have been seriously thinking about getting a G1, but decided to hold off until we see what Olympus brings us here in the next few months.