Site Sponsors

Thread: M.Zuiko 9-18

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

M.Zuiko 9-18

Is anyone here having fun with the m43 ZD 9-18? If it performs comparably to the Panny 7-14 then I think it might be a more practical focal length... 18-36 equiv. would be perfect for me. It also looks nice and compact. And it will fit the reasonably priced Oly underwater housing for the OM-D, with a dedicated zoom gear nonetheless!
    Last edited by Jan Brittenson; 19th March 2013 at 17:25.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: M.Zuiko 9-18

Yep, I've had the 9-18mm for a couple years after I sold my 7-14mm. It's a great lens. I use it a lot as a travel/landscape lens. I just posted some underwater pictures in another thread here also if you're interested in diving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I also use the 9-18 Oly lens for interior stuff, landscapes and travelling. I transited the Panama canal in January this year and it was perfect for recording that event.
    Cheers, Dave
    www.simmondsphotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

I recently picked up the 9-18 and so far I'm very happy with it. The Panny 7-14 is reputed to be a bit better optically but I'm happy with the IQ from the 9-18. The 7-14 is also reputed to prone to purple flare in certain kinds of light on the E-M5.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have been thinking about this lens for a while now but, having (finally) picked up the PL 25mm lately, my budget for camera purchases is very thin. I was also wondering if anyone has tried the wide-angle adapter for the Panasonic 14mm (the DMW-GWC1), which gives an approximate 11mm view (22mm full-frame equiv.). I don't expect miracles, but I notice that the test-chart performance of the 9-18mm isn't miraculous at 11mm either (for whatever test-charts are worth). I'd love to try the 7-14 or 9-18, but does anyone have experience with the DMW-GWC1 with the 14mm lens stopped down to f4 or 5.6?
    Best regards,
    John.
    http://jburnett.ca