The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

$100 discount on Olympus 75mm lens

toobacat

Cameraland has the lens for $799 on eBay They are listed as demos, but when I emailed them, they said that they had never been opened, that they had to list them that way because they were discounting them.

scott kirkpatrick

The gambit of listing a lens as "used" or "demo" but admitting that they are actually new but sold below MRSP is one I have seen used by other dealers that I trust*. If Cameraland is a dealer who has been around for a while and will continue to be in business, then go for it. Times must be tough for dealers, though, to be letting $100 go off the table for such a fine lens.

scott

*Ten percent seems to be the point at which the dealer's profit is only coming from other payments from the manufacturer for the dealer's help in advertising the brand. There is no markup left on the lens itself.