Site Sponsors

Thread: OM D E-M5 Image review help required

Post Thanks / Like

OM D E-M5 Image review help required

Although I'm a seasoned photographer normally working with Nikon FX gear I'm a new convert to 4/3 and it's taken just a little while to work my way around Olympus's way of doing things with menu's.

I have image review set to ON and for 4 seconds but must have recently changed something else as I now cannot get any image review after taking a shot although as I said, image review is set to ON for 4 seconds still.

Having read the highly comprehensive guide lol I'm still none the wiser as to why I can't see any image reviews aoutomatically and have to press playback to see any shot taken.

Would appreciate any pointers as to what I may have set to stop image review from working. Many thanks in advance for any help offered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: OM D E-M5 Image review help required

Don't have an OMD, but on my Panasonic G3, I notice that Image Review (which I have set to "hold") doesn't happen if my Drive Mode is set to continuous rather than single shot. I'm sure the many OMD owners can set you straight, though.
    Best regards,
    John.
    http://jburnett.ca

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Try cycling through the sub menu activated by the little button on the right side of the EVF housing as that can switch off the rear lcd view on one of the selections and you may have accidentally pressed that button to change those particular settings.
    Cheers, Dave
    www.simmondsphotography.com

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It displays it in the EVF if you shot through the EVF. If you shot in live view it shows up on the LCD. Instead of how you shot it they should make it show according to whether your eye is on the EVF or not.

Edit: actually, they should make show on the LCD until you put your eye to the EVF or half press the shutter release.