The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 to LTM adapter

jlm

Workshop Member
the prototype should be ready today. i will be trying it out with the CV 15mm, maybe the CV 12mm.

as soon as I can verify, i will announce availability, but should be early next week

jm

vivek:
here is the business end of the CNC lathe used to make the adapter. that tool turret weighs about 1,500 lbs and has over $30k of tooling in it as you see it

jonoslack

Fabulous Jim
I'd much rather buy one from you!

presumably it'll be paypal as usual - any new procedure for ordering?

V

Vivek

Thanks, John.

That is impressive and more than that needs skill to operate! :)

I look forward to your adapter samples.

V

Vivek

Fabulous Jim
I'd much rather buy one from you!

presumably it'll be paypal as usual - any new procedure for ordering?
Jono, I thought I was the only one getting confused with John Milich's first name!:)

His screen name jlm confuses and turns John to Jim, I suppose!

jlm

Workshop Member
the adapter is done and works great. tested so far with the CV12 and 15: it will focus at inf, which is the trick. it is cool to finally be able to see focus with that lens. the G1 manual focus system is great.
tomorrow i will get a 75 somewhere to double check for inf focus and production can start, with shipping late next week

the adapters will sell for $150 and should work with any LTM base lens;
e-mail me to order. i'll post a picture tomorrow
[email protected]

next will be a M mount to G1 adapter

jm

[email protected]

Last edited:

Terry

tomorrow i will get a 75 somewhere to double check for inf focus and production can start, with shipping late next week
John,
I have a CV 75 LTM at my NY apartment. I'm in SF but if you get stuck for a lens drop me a line and I can have someone go in a grab the lens for you. I also have a 21, 28 and 35 all in LTM.

Terry

V

Vivek

John, how much room is available for lenses that have extended rear elements?

Anything that would protrude through the G1 side of the adapter is generally out of consideration.

The J12 35/2.8 is a no go for example.

The G1 to LTM distance would be ~10mm.

The CV15 is A OK.

jlm

Workshop Member
made some progress with the M-G1 adapter; was able to focus the 75 cron at inf. now I have to work out the retention springs and lock button