The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lumix G6

hot

Panasonic will launch two new MFT cameras, the Panasonic GF6 and the Panasonic G6

According to multiple sources Panasonic will have an announcement next week
on Tuesday April 9th at around 6-7 am London time.

Knorp

I hope it has a proper grip again, don't much like my G3 for the lack of it.
We'll wait with bated breath then ...

All the best.

Knorp

Yes, I do remember your Choco-G :) Still, I liked my G1 for its grip better.
Speaking of monster lenses: with this one and a 2xTC I can get to 720mm :D

All the best.

kuau

Workshop Member
One so not hot feature , using older GH2 sensor. To bad Panasonic didn't use the GH3 sensor :wtf:

Dr. Brad

Yes, a lot of people were hoping for the newer GH3 sensor, myself included. I think they've made improvements to the processing engine, but took away the multi-aspect feature of the GH2. Still, it seems like a decent little camera - I might be getting one later in the year for my daughter who has become something of a photography buff!

kuau

Workshop Member
I would rather pickup a used OM-D.

I already have an OM-D which I like except the handling, even with the grip, it so small which I guess for some is a good thing.

I actually rented a GH3 just to see for myself how much bigger it was compared to the OM-D with the OM-D grip attached, they both weigh the same thing, which I was surprised by, yet the GH3 IMHO does handle better and you don't need the battery grip, which on the OM-D I think it's a must.

Yet on the other hand at least to me, the OM-D does feel more solid, less plastic and the EVF I prefer much more on the OM-D, though what I found really interesting on the GH3 is in manual focus food, it zooms in and utilizes the whole EVF, no cropping, very interesting and then the EVF looks a lot better.

I was hoping that the G6 would be a stripped down versio of the GH3, not so video oriented, but still have good body handling. Oh we'll I will stick with my OM-D.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I might buy one just to get focus peaking and use it legacy lenses :)

The size looks great for a travel camera, but not really much different from the GH2 in that respect. The question is: Will other cameras get focus peaking as a firmware upgrade? The GH3 would be an obvious candidate, but I wouldn't mind having it on the GH2.