The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

420 + 12-60 - simply gorgeous!

A

asabet

Are you sure those were all taken with the Olympus? I know he has an E-420 and 12-60, but his main camera is a 4x5 large format film camera.

bbodine9

The New Zealand photos are E420 + 12-60

Amin,

All of the New Zealand photos are taken with the E-420 and 12-60 combo. He does have other photos on his site taken with large format but not this particular group. I think the results really speak for themselves and oh by the way he did use a DP-1 for a while but had to give it up for the 420.

A

asabet

Jack has quite an impressive body of work on his site, and that gallery does indeed say a lot on behalf of the little Oly. Next time someone blah blahs about the Four Thirds dynamic range limitations, this will be a good place to send them :).

Stuart Richardson

The pictures look great, no doubt, but to be fair, we are only seeing them on the web. The proof is in the print. But given his experience and skill, I am sure that he would not offer them for sale if the prints were not to a high standard.

Brian Mosley

He mentions that the web images do not do justice to the print quality - and having coordinated a major print exhibition for E-System cameras, I believe it.

I think the prints would be incredible. The lightbox mounting method looks interesting too - I would like to know how they're mounted and the kind of costs involved.

Kind Regards

Brian