The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The adapter has arrived

fordfanjpn

One from lunch time

I'm at the office now and don't want to post much until I can get home and see things on a better monitor. However, I kind of liked this shot, so here goes nothing. This was with the Summicron at f/2.

Bill

Last edited:

Henry Goh

Bill, you have to stop torturing those of us who don't have the adapter yet! Nice separation.

I just realised that you are in Tokyo no wonder you managed to get the Rayqual so quickly. I emailed them but have not heard from them.

fordfanjpn

Bill, you have to stop torturing those of us who don't have the adapter yet! Nice separation.

I just realised that you are in Tokyo no wonder you managed to get the Rayqual so quickly. I emailed them but have not heard from them.
Sorry about the torture. I'm sure everyone will have an adapter soon. ;)

I don't think the folks at Rayqual have any English ability. You'd probably be better off contacting CameraQuest, as they will apparently be the distributor in the US.

Bill

Henry Goh

Bill. I just heard back from Stephen Gandy and he'll only get his stock in late January! Argh... Is there any where else one can get hold of an adapter? I'm in Singapore so it make no difference if it is shipped from Japan or Hong Kong or USA.

mreddington

Hi, Just for info, my m23/M adapter (product code MFT/LEM) arrived from Novoflex yesterday. It doesn't seem to be on their web site yet but you can order it by email from [email protected] or by phone or fax to Tel.: 08331/88888 Fax: 08331/47174. The contact person I dealt with was Lydia Ernst. I don't know if she speaks English since I communicated in German.

Unfortunately no time to play until the weekend!

Martin

Henry Goh

Hey Martin. Thanks for the heads up.

Just to confirm, this is the adapter for using Leica M lenses on the G1 right? May I ask how much is Novoflex selling this? Thanks.

Please email me if you do not want to post the price you paid.
henry.h.c.goh (at) gmail.com

Last edited:

fordfanjpn

Bill. I just heard back from Stephen Gandy and he'll only get his stock in late January! Argh... Is there any where else one can get hold of an adapter? I'm in Singapore so it make no difference if it is shipped from Japan or Hong Kong or USA.
As Martin said, Novoflex is making an adapter, and John Milich (not sure about the spelling - sorry John!) will be making one soon. They are sure to be readily available somewhere soon.

Bill

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
In that case Guy, the next time I buy something, I'm going to tell my wife that it's your fault! So if you ever make it to Tokyo, better be prepared to dodge some Japanese rocks. :grin:

Bill
Geez Bill this thing is getting harder to resist, they look really good.

scho

Re: OK, just one more!

I couldn't resist. Here's one with the CV 75.

Bill
Bill, Thanks for the nice shots. I have the CV 75 and that is one of the first I wanted to try on the G1 so this was a great preview. Is it difficult to focus the longer focal lengths without OIS or were you using a tripod?

Regards,
Carl

M

marknorton

Sorry for the info duplication. Lydia at Novoflex said she had sent two to Speed Graphic and there are three people waiting for them there (4 now); looks like you have a 2/3 chance of being the lucky one! Lydia also said she is sending more out today.

M

marknorton

Surface mail's about 6 weeks, LOL. If it's air, should be with you any day unless US customs are sitting on it.

scho

Re: OK, just one more!

This is lovely. Since I don't know the lens, I can only comment on the composition, subject (I'm a sucker for Japanese maple leaves LOL).

Diane
Hi Diane,

The CV 75mm f/2.5 Color Heliar is one of Cosina Voigtlander's "sleeper" lenses. High quality at a low price. Take a look at Sean Reid's review of the 75mm RF lenses for details. On the G1 this lens becomes a 150mm f/2.5. I'm encouraged by Bill's nice image wiith this lens on the G1. Here is a sample image taken with the CV 75 on my M8

Regards,
Carl

V

Vivek

The CV 75mm f/2.5 Color Heliar is one of Cosina Voigtlander's "sleeper" lenses. High quality at a low price. Take a look at Sean Reid's review of the 75mm RF lenses for details.
If you pay for the review, the price won't be low. :ROTFL::ROTFL: