The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The adapter has arrived

monza

I bought from them, they shipped quickly. In my case I did a buy-it-now and combined it with live.com cashback (30%) instead of waiting for a regular auction to end.

Terry

Re: No Affiliation, BUT Prodigital2000 seller

Prodigital2000 seller on eBay is selling the G1 as low as auction prices near $500, with over 40 in the last month between $500-600. What I don't understand is that they are sprinkling in some Buy It Now's at $649 and even those are selling in the midst of their auction prices. See completed listings on them ...

70,000 trans
Canada seller
99% positive trans
Have seen a number of good comments about them OFF eBay.

Can't see any catch 22's.... anyone????

Me for one from them, at year end.
I believe that I've read that they have Canadian warranties so you will have to send it there for any service. I believe this is the first time models from Canada are cheaper than the US and it isn't just the exchange rate move.

btrancho

I believe that I've read that they have Canadian warranties so you will have to send it there for any service. I believe this is the first time models from Canada are cheaper than the US and it isn't just the exchange rate move.
I won a bid last night for a black one at $548. The blues and reds seem to be going for less (as low as $517 in one bid I saw). Tonight (12/21) they seem to be bidding higher, but Prodigital2000 seems to have fewer up for sale at this point. They also have the 45-200 in stock for $329.99

I expect delivery after Christmas - will post again if I have any difficulties.

Amin

The blue and red are also selling cheaper at Amazon. $662.71 shipped for the red one right now.

S

Saichiez

Each listing says that they have international warranty. I emailed them and they indicated service in US is covered. I'll try to find the response.

barjohn

Can someone provide the contact information to place an order for either the Novaflex or Rayqual adaptors that are in English. Thanks :)

scho

Can someone provide the contact information to place an order for either the Novaflex or Rayqual adaptors that are in English. Thanks :)
USA retailers should have the Novoflex adapter in stock in two weeks. I don't know when John's M adapter will be ready to ship, but should be soon. I'm very pleased with his LTM to G1 adapter for use with my CV lenses on the G1.

simonclivehughes

John,

I can't answer your question on this but wanted to welcome you to the forum. It's nice to see how many people migrate here.

Cheers,

barjohn

Thanks for the welcome. I have ordered the Nikon adaptor and the regular 4/3 adaptor and I am trying for the Novaflex. :)

Knorp

Cool ! I'm hoping to receive mine somewhere next week.
In the meanwhile I'm dreaming of an MFT/LER ... :bugeyes:

monza

One more. The Novoflex leaves the electrical contacts exposed. Also, you can't remove the lens from the adapter and leave the adapter on the camera; take the adapter off the camera first, then take the lens off the adapter.

... Also, you can't remove the lens from the adapter and leave the adapter on the camera; take the adapter off the camera first, then take the lens off the adapter.
OK, no big problem if it´s so. But why? I can´t quite imagine what would go wrong if one changed lenses while leaving the adapter on the camera. There are neither electrical nor mechanical couplings of any kind involved.

Edit: well, looking closely at the pic of adapter from behind, I can imagine that the locking pin might not be able to move once the adapter´s on the camera. Must be a reason, but it eludes me....:eek:

monza

Yep. There is a pin on the back side of the adapter that moves with the lens release button. I'm not sure why. It looks to me like it was designed this way. If the pin were shaved it would work...