The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Battery for OM-D M5

les

There was a thread on the best option for a 3rd party battery last year, but since I see no recent comments I'll raise the topic again.

I purchased a battery from one of Amazon's affiliates in January, since it seemed to be one of the better options available at the time :

"EZOPower Olympus BLN-1/ BLN1 Full-Decoded Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery 1020mAh EZCBA36 for Olympus OM-D EM-5 E-M5 Digital Camera"

My guess is that I was only able to got around 300 shots, and it's now dead, doesn't hold a charge and is out of warranty - maybe I was just unlucky.

Anyone have anything new to report in this area - is there a new supplier whose product ticks all the boxes? (or just spring for the genuine article?)

Knorp

Sorry Les, can't help you with this.
Only shooting with two genuine batteries, served me fine so far.

All the best.