Site Sponsors

Thread: Re: Lightroom 5 is OUT

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lightroom 5 is OUT

great news just installed it and runs Flawlessly ... the perfect RAW image convertor and cataloger to Adobe CS6 {{{ later the CC version}}}

Post Thanks / Like

Unlike the previous versions of Lightroom, version 5 has dropped support for OS 10.6.8.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up. I just downloaded it. Seems significantly faster generating previews than LR4.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems smoother in operation and overall more responsive. Healing brush in spot clean is more effective.

I haven't done too much with it yet, but I'm finding it worth the upgrade price.

G

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Find I'm liking and using the radial filter most out of the few new additions, plus it seems to work faster and smoother than LR4.4 did and agree with Godfery about the upgrade price.
    Regards Paul. One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am.
    My Photo Galleries
    My Flickr Photostream

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craftysnapper View Post
    Find I'm liking and using the radial filter most out of the few new additions, plus it seems to work faster and smoother than LR4.4 did and agree with Godfery about the upgrade price.
    Radial filter is cool

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fotophil View Post
    Unlike the previous versions of Lightroom, version 5 has dropped support for OS 10.6.8.
    Fine here on 2 machines WIN 8 and WIN 7

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

LR5 needs a higher OSX than I can install on my current machine even though it is a Quad Core. That's what you get for being an early adopter.

10.6.8 is it for the time being, so ... no soup for me!

CC, then this ... it's a conspiracy

- Marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I don't know about Mac, but Lightroom 5 also dropped support for Vista on windows. I haven't gotten the final version, but the beta runs fine on my Vista computer. Supported and works are 2 different things. You might try loading the trial version and see how it works.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought my Mac mini in 2010 because LR3 was no longer supported on PowerPC ... My G5 tower was too far out of date at that point. I've been very glad I did: the Mac mini and subsequent MacBook Pro 13" and now another Mac mini (this time with i7 quad-core processor) makes the old G5 tower look silly on performance.

For OS X, you need a 64-bit OS. OS X Lion and later on Intel Core-2 Duo cpus are all 64-bit.

Maybe next year I'll sell the mini buy a new Mac Pro ... some's good, more's better, as they say. ;-)

BTW, I found the info on Julianne Kost's blog (hosted and produced by Adobe) to be very useful to learn about the new features:

http://tv.adobe.com/show/whats-new-in-lightroom-5/

Godfrey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    I bought my Mac mini in 2010 because LR3 was no longer supported on PowerPC ... My G5 tower was too far out of date at that point. I've been very glad I did: the Mac mini and subsequent MacBook Pro 13" and now another Mac mini (this time with i7 quad-core processor) makes the old G5 tower look silly on performance.

For OS X, you need a 64-bit OS. OS X Lion and later on Intel Core-2 Duo cpus are all 64-bit.

Maybe next year I'll sell the mini buy a new Mac Pro ... some's good, more's better, as they say. ;-)

BTW, I found the info on Julianne Kost's blog (hosted and produced by Adobe) to be very useful to learn about the new features:

What

Godfrey
    Kost is good definately and mostly free
    LL is the other place with Reichman .. prices are always value and in fact better than books IMO