The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Re: Lightroom 5 is OUT

m43

great news just installed it and runs Flawlessly ... the perfect RAW image convertor and cataloger to Adobe CS6 {{{ later the CC version}}} :thumbs:

Godfrey

Seems smoother in operation and overall more responsive. Healing brush in spot clean is more effective.

I haven't done too much with it yet, but I'm finding it worth the upgrade price.

G

Craftysnapper

Find I'm liking and using the radial filter most out of the few new additions, plus it seems to work faster and smoother than LR4.4 did and agree with Godfery about the upgrade price.:)

m43

Find I'm liking and using the radial filter most out of the few new additions, plus it seems to work faster and smoother than LR4.4 did and agree with Godfery about the upgrade price.:)
Radial filter is cool:chug:

fotografz

LR5 needs a higher OSX than I can install on my current machine even though it is a Quad Core. That's what you get for being an early adopter. :(

10.6.8 is it for the time being, so ... no soup for me! :thumbdown:

CC, then this ... it's a conspiracy :wtf: :cussing: :banghead:

- Marc

jsparks

I don't know about Mac, but Lightroom 5 also dropped support for Vista on windows. I haven't gotten the final version, but the beta runs fine on my Vista computer. Supported and works are 2 different things. You might try loading the trial version and see how it works.

Godfrey

I bought my Mac mini in 2010 because LR3 was no longer supported on PowerPC ... My G5 tower was too far out of date at that point. I've been very glad I did: the Mac mini and subsequent MacBook Pro 13" and now another Mac mini (this time with i7 quad-core processor) makes the old G5 tower look silly on performance.

For OS X, you need a 64-bit OS. OS X Lion and later on Intel Core-2 Duo cpus are all 64-bit.

Maybe next year I'll sell the mini buy a new Mac Pro ... some's good, more's better, as they say. ;-)

BTW, I found the info on Julianne Kost's blog (hosted and produced by Adobe) to be very useful to learn about the new features:

http://tv.adobe.com/show/whats-new-in-lightroom-5/

Godfrey

m43

I bought my Mac mini in 2010 because LR3 was no longer supported on PowerPC ... My G5 tower was too far out of date at that point. I've been very glad I did: the Mac mini and subsequent MacBook Pro 13" and now another Mac mini (this time with i7 quad-core processor) makes the old G5 tower look silly on performance.

For OS X, you need a 64-bit OS. OS X Lion and later on Intel Core-2 Duo cpus are all 64-bit.

Maybe next year I'll sell the mini buy a new Mac Pro ... some's good, more's better, as they say. ;-)

BTW, I found the info on Julianne Kost's blog (hosted and produced by Adobe) to be very useful to learn about the new features:

What

Godfrey
Kost is good definately and mostly free:)
LL is the other place with Reichman .. prices are always value and in fact better than books IMO