The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C Mount to m4/3rds Adapter

Amin

Are there any C mount lenses that will cover the m4/3 frame? Also, some of the C mount lenses have rear elements which protrude quite a bit. With that exposed sensor...

monza

Yes. Yes. :)

Wolfgang Rabe had a flickr set with lots of photos taken with C mount lenses, but he's deleted his account...

Amin

I saw his photos before they were deleted, but some of them were clearly taken with lenses that didn't cover the entire frame.

monza

I'd like to try out a c mount lens I picked up for nothing on ebay, it's an 8.5mm f/1.5. I'm sure it won't fill the frame, but it would be interesting to play with. Too bad he took down his photos...

Hacker

I think the lenses have to be at least 50mm in FL for it not to cover the frame. Otherwise, you can see vignetting with shorter lenses like the 25mm when taken wide open.