The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Iceland and am OM D

Jeffg53

and apologies in advance for the last shot, not taken in Iceland. I have a severe dislike of stick families on cars.

Jeffg53

Sorry folks, if I get time, I'll put a page on my website but it's a bit hectic. I didn't know that you had to sign up to look at stuff on FB.

Brian Mosley

Jeff, those were beautiful images... you have reminded me that I must take that trip to Iceland one day!

Thanks for sharing

Brian

stpf8

Wow, what a country for landscapes. I'm glad the two very different cameras are working well for you.

Jeffg53

Thanks Steve, it is an excellent combination. I could get a lot of shots with it that I just wouldn't try on the Hasselblad. I can also walk around with it for a long time, and use IBIS to get crisp images.

Jeffg53

I'm back and starting to put some of the images on my own site. Any 16MP digital is OM D, and 40MP is the H4D. I'm working on the H stuff at the moment. I have loaded more onto FB for those who use it.

Jeffg53

Thanks. I put up a more eclectic mix on FB. A lot of them are unworked. It was more of a travelogue than fine art.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Thanks for putting these on your site...truly wonderful captures.

Looks like a very productive trip....

Regards,

Bob

jonoslack

Jeff, those were beautiful images... you have reminded me that I must take that trip to Iceland one day!

Thanks for sharing

Brian
+1 - Great images Jeff.
My wife promised me a trip to Iceland for a Christmas present about 10 years ago . . . somehow it hasn't happened. Maybe next year!

Wonderful.

Stuart Richardson

Lovely photos Jeff! Landmannalaugur is really something special. I have only been there once, despite living here about six years now. I shall try to remedy that!

Jono -- do let me know if you ever make it over here. I would be happy to meet up or offer some suggestions about the place. For example, horses, whales and puffins...whether you want to look at them or eat them, I can probably help you!

Jeffg53

Thanks gents, if you can get in a helicopter any time, grab the chance. I have had two flights and they were both absolutely gobsmacking. It's like photographer's heaven.

Jeffg53

For example, horses, whales and puffins...whether you want to look at them or eat them, I can probably help you!
I did see Minke whale on a lot of menus but just couldn't bring myself to eat it. Australia is currently engaged in a court battle with Japan over their 'scientific whaling'. I did, however, have cormorant and pink footed goose which were great.