The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photos with G1, adapter, Leica Lenses

Amin

Thanks for posting these Peter! These threads are slowly eroding my resistance to getting the G1.

woodyspedden

Wow! I must be missing something. I thought these photos were pedestrian at best and demonstrated nothing I could use to evaluate the G1.

On the other hand I have been following this thread (and some others) and I feel the G1 with a good adapter and M glass is a real contender. Just didn't think these images were representative as to what's possible.

Woody

monza

The threads as a whole yes; not sure those photos were designed or intended to be a statement on the G1, rather, just the aspect of using M lenses.

That said there is a Japanese gentleman with some really nice photographs on flickr using G1 and Leica glass.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I agree with Woody. I haven t seen a single image that looks really sharp and these are small images ? Am I missing something?

Roger

monza

If you are speaking of the set linked in the first posts, the shots taken with the M8 don't look any better. :)

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
If you are speaking of the set linked in the first posts, the shots taken with the M8 don't look any better. :)
You are right ...I didn t notice that . So maybe they are just bad examples?
Or do they look sharp to you?

Roger

monza

Without meaning offense to those behind these shots, I don't think they were out to prove any sort of sharpness/quality/performance with these, they were just having some fun using M lenses on the G1.

Peter Klein

Exactly. A group of guys got together in a restaraunt. They brought some random M lenses and a G1. They shot some quick indoor snaps of each other, in fairly low light. Given that there are not too many pictures yet with the G1 and M lenses, I thought I'd let you all know that these existed.

What we don't know is how much motion blur affected these photos, as opposed to the effects of the anti-aliasing filter or difficulty focusing.

--Peter