The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shot a Gretag Macbeth at various ISOs

Henry Goh

I wanted to know exactly how my G1 handle various ISOs so I shot a Gretag Macbeth chart to see the noise levels. Images posted are about 50% of full size but one can see where noise becomes visible.

Henry Goh

Noise in the ISO1600 file can be cleaned nicely using Noiseware Professional. I would not hesitate using ISO400. ISO800 is about where I would go if I did not want to use NR aggressively.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Just for kicks, ran the posted 3200 jpeg through DFine. Loses a little crispness, and granted this is processing a posted crop, not the actual file itself, but frankly looks like it has potential...

Henry Goh

I did run Imagenomic's Noiseware on all the images and from what I see, I can get very clean ISO1600 and a very usable ISO3200. Here's the ISO3200

phobus

I find that if I set the G1 to allow ISO changes to 1/3 stop, iso 1250 works great too, 1600 is noticeable worse than 1250.