Site Sponsors

Thread: Adapter Question

Post Thanks / Like

Adapter Question

First off, hello! Just joined the forum, it is nice to have another resource! This is my 1st post

So, just bought a little x-mas present for myself, a G1. I have a small collection of CV and Leica lenses. Some are LTM mount, some M. The LTM lenses already have adapters making them M mount (mostly JM adapters). Would I be ok using an M to G1 adapter for all lenses? In other words, is there any problem doubling up on adapters to achieve a fit, or am I going to need to buy a separate LTM and M mount adapters?

Thanks and happy holidays!

James

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Adapter Question

Quote Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
    First off, hello! Just joined the forum, it is nice to have another resource! This is my 1st post

So, just bought a little x-mas present for myself, a G1. I have a small collection of CV and Leica lenses. Some are LTM mount, some M. The LTM lenses already have adapters making them M mount (mostly JM adapters). Would I be ok using an M to G1 adapter for all lenses? In other words, is there any problem doubling up on adapters to achieve a fit, or am I going to need to buy a separate LTM and M mount adapters?

Thanks and happy holidays!

James
    James,
    Welcome to the forum. This is a really nice place to hang out.
    I asked this question to John Milich and he said that the G1 to M adapter will work on our LTM lenses that have LTM to M adapters on them. (However, I do not have an M to G1 adapter to try this out yet.) I just got an LTM to G1 adapter yesterday from John and will am looking forward to his M to G! adapter.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adapter Question

I have tried an LTM adapter on the Novoflex, works fine. Any adapter that is properly engineered for M lenses, will also work with the usual LTM adapters and LTM lenses.