The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Adapter Question

jklotz

First off, hello! Just joined the forum, it is nice to have another resource! This is my 1st post :thumbup:

So, just bought a little x-mas present for myself, a G1. I have a small collection of CV and Leica lenses. Some are LTM mount, some M. The LTM lenses already have adapters making them M mount (mostly JM adapters). Would I be ok using an M to G1 adapter for all lenses? In other words, is there any problem doubling up on adapters to achieve a fit, or am I going to need to buy a separate LTM and M mount adapters?

Thanks and happy holidays!

James

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
First off, hello! Just joined the forum, it is nice to have another resource! This is my 1st post :thumbup:

So, just bought a little x-mas present for myself, a G1. I have a small collection of CV and Leica lenses. Some are LTM mount, some M. The LTM lenses already have adapters making them M mount (mostly JM adapters). Would I be ok using an M to G1 adapter for all lenses? In other words, is there any problem doubling up on adapters to achieve a fit, or am I going to need to buy a separate LTM and M mount adapters?

Thanks and happy holidays!

James
James,
Welcome to the forum. This is a really nice place to hang out.
I asked this question to John Milich and he said that the G1 to M adapter will work on our LTM lenses that have LTM to M adapters on them. (However, I do not have an M to G1 adapter to try this out yet.) I just got an LTM to G1 adapter yesterday from John and will am looking forward to his M to G! adapter.

monza

I have tried an LTM adapter on the Novoflex, works fine. Any adapter that is properly engineered for M lenses, will also work with the usual LTM adapters and LTM lenses.