Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Images with new 45-200

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Images with new 45-200

After doning some testing at various focal lengths, I agree that the 45-200 can be used between 150 and 200 without hesitation. This lens handles the OOF areas quite nicely, too.

368 mm...
    Last edited by peterv; 23rd April 2009 at 11:50.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barjohn View Post
    How do you get the EZ menu option to not be grayed out? I can't find any mode where it isn't grayed out.
    Could be that you are set to RAW, it don't work in that mode, JPG only i'm afraid.

On the subject of EZ zoom, i did this in a hurry when i was testing EZ and DZ just to see the outcome.

792mm + 2X DZ

Mark.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Right. I am set to Raw + JPG.
    V/r John

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad youall are doing all the heavy lifting for me LOL. I'm reading the pdf manual and have handled the camera so at least know when I read the manual, what buttons are where, but I'm still waiting. This thread has pretty much convinced me to buy the 45-200--many seem out of it (was checking B & H and 17th St--both OOS) but I know the Wolfe store in Charlotte had 2 on the shelves when I tried the camera so even though I've never done business with them, I might just drive down there next week after I get the camera and buy one of them (assuming they still have them). There must be a lot of demand for the lens--none on ebay, none at any of the usual stores I check.

Diane

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Diane B View Post
    I'm glad youall are doing all the heavy lifting for me LOL. I'm reading the pdf manual and have handled the camera so at least know when I read the manual, what buttons are where, but I'm still waiting. This thread has pretty much convinced me to buy the 45-200--many seem out of it (was checking B & H and 17th St--both OOS) but I know the Wolfe store in Charlotte had 2 on the shelves when I tried the camera so even though I've never done business with them, I might just drive down there next week after I get the camera and buy one of them (assuming they still have them). There must be a lot of demand for the lens--none on ebay, none at any of the usual stores I check.

Diane
    Panasonic has it in stock. It is listed at full price on Panasonic.com. We have an employee discount program and Panasonic is one of the cpmpaies included in our plan, so if you or a family memberworks for a large corporation you also may have access.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

prodigital told me they have about 20 on the shelf.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by back alley View Post
    prodigital told me they have about 20 on the shelf.
    Thanks, just checked their store. They 'say' 3 in stock, but.... My G1 has been shipped so after I get it and see how the 14-45 works out, I'll likely order it--cheaper than most anywhere--$20 less and free shipping. It will cost me that much to drive to Charlotte LOL.

Diane

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

doh, i should have mentioned that was last week.

i ordered one on the 21st. and they screwed up the shipping and i now have to wait till next tuesday for delivery.