The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Images with new 45-200

T

terryc

sharp sharp sharp
thanks terry.
On another forum - someone from my neck of the woods was asking about bokeh of these lenses - I find that both lenses render OOF very nicely or at least I like it.

Best to all. Terry.

fordfanjpn

Here's one from my balcony taken on the first day of the new year (hand held at full zoom). Let's hope that it will be a peaceful and interesting year for us all.

Bill

Last edited:
B

Bhakti-rider

fordfanjpn:

Did the lens provide the vignetting in that Mt. Fuji shot, or did you contribute that yourself? I've just ordered a G1, and am looking for as much review material on the long lens as I can find.

fordfanjpn

Wow, what a view to wake up to every day, you are truly blessed.

Mark.
Thanks Mark. We are very lucky to have such a beautiful view. Today's view is also nice, although quite different. I suppose I should be out there shooting it again. :)

Bill

fordfanjpn

fordfanjpn:

Did the lens provide the vignetting in that Mt. Fuji shot, or did you contribute that yourself? I've just ordered a G1, and am looking for as much review material on the long lens as I can find.
I added a little vignetting in Silver Effex Pro. The lens does not vignette that I have noticed.

Bill

fordfanjpn

Here are a couple of different shots of Fuji, one from last evening and one from this morning. The evening shot is the full frame, the B&W shot is a substantial crop. The cloud in the B&W shot was completely gone in a matter of minutes. It is a constantly changing show.

Bill

Last edited:

Terry

Both shots are fantastic. On the second shot I love the sense of space you gave with that crop. How often do you actually get that clear of a view?

scho

Here's one from my balcony taken on the first day of the new year (hand held at full zoom). Let's hope that it will be a peaceful and interesting year for us all.

Bill
What a beautiful way to start the New Year. Great Mt Fuji shots Bill.

Regards,
Carl

fordfanjpn

Both shots are fantastic. On the second shot I love the sense of space you gave with that crop. How often do you actually get that clear of a view?
Thank you. We get to see Fuji quite often, but it's not always this clear. The cold weather and strong winds have helped a lot recently.

Bill

fordfanjpn

What a beautiful way to start the New Year. Great Mt Fuji shots Bill.

Regards,
Carl
Thanks Carl. Mt. Fuji is looked at with a great deal of reverence by the Japanese, so to be able to see it so clearly at this time is very special. I hope the fact that the year is getting off to such a great start is a good sign for all of us.

Bill

Bill, they´re all good, but the last one is absolutely exquisite!

A photographic Haiku, if ever there was one.

You should be dubbed "the Hokusai of the G1"...

Brian Mosley

Bill,

lucky and gifted! what a combination :clap:

Thank you so much for sharing, and I feel that you are right... 2009 is going to be a great year, if character building!

Kind Regards

Brian