Site Sponsors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Adapter Availability?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Adapter Availability?

It seems to me, and I could be wrong, but the lens scale doesn't match the actual when an M lens, or any other for that matter, is used with an adapter on the G1. Am I wrong?
    V/r John

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

It should...when I focus a Nikkor lens on an F2 and then on the G1 on the same subject, the scale shows the same distance.

Ranger 9

Quote Originally Posted by kevinparis View Post
    still no idea why you would use an OUFRO... but giggle at the thought of making a lens adaptor to mach you hairstyle
    If that makes you giggle, you'd fall over laughing if someone were to ask about the feasibility of using a NOOKY...

...yes, that's the actual Leitz order code for another close-up accessory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TEBnewyork View Post
    It is interesting Frank that I have the problem with my 50 pre-asph although a different 50 lux also pre-asph late version worked fine. Was yours coded? Mine was but the one that I know does work was not.

My 28 cron was fine as was a 35 cron.
    Terry,
    Neither lens is coded. My 50 is a black paint edition. I put the adpater on the 90 and it won't budge without a lot of pressure. It concerns me. Frank

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

tight fit on my adapter is due to the gap between the bayonet tabs and the flange base compared to the same in the adapter. i measured many zeiss and leica lenses to arrive at my adaper dimensions, but i need to make an allowance for tolerance variations which seem to range as much as .005". another item is the width of the bayonet tabs; here also i will widen these.
    so far, black anodized aluminum looks like the best choice; it is very tough

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I got a pleasant surprise today: the Novoflex adapter I ordered through SpeedGraphic arrived! I had got the impression that it was back ordered, and had more or less given up about getting it within the next few weeks.

It looks, feels, and works like a precision product, as expected from Novoflex. None of my three M lenses (rather old ones) is an unduly tight fit, like some have reported. However, I have a complete set of the three LTM-to-M adapters, and these are quite tight; one of them cannot even be turned far enough to lock properly.

Like a happy child, right after unwrapping I got all my lenses out (Summicron 35 and 50, and Tele-Elmarit 90, plus a ´36 vintage, uncoated Summar 2/50) and started shooting wildly. This soon got very confusing (remember, the EXIF doesn´t have any info about focal length or aperture), and I decided to start with just the Summicron 50. After all, no sane person brings four new lenses home on the same day....

I soon found that I had underestimated the problems with pushing two ill placed buttons in order to get an enlarged view for focussing. It works well for static subjects, but not for action shooting (there´s another thread (started by Brian) about possible remedies, so I won´t go into any detail here). Focussing without enlarging worked about equally well as manual focussing on the standard screen on my Nikon D200 - that is, not quite good enough to be reliable.

Once in enlarged mode, however, focussing is very fast, easy, and precise. And, of course the images look "Leica-like" (whatever that means...). So far, I´ve nothing worth showing (lousy weather), but I look forward to trying this out over the next few days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Brings up another interesting possibility for firmware. The ability to specify your non-electronic (i.e. manual) lenses through some menu system so you could record in the EXIF the lens used and f stop selected along with the other data such as shutter speed, flash or no flash, etc.
    V/r John

wblynch

I would consider swapping memory cards, labeled by lens. It couldn't record aperture though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just like you can set the f stop on a flash in manual mode it should be possible to specify focal length via a scroll menu and f stop in use.
    V/r John

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A post for John Milich.

I just got my adapters today and both of them are wonderfully machined. A tactile pleasure to behold.

Only problem is that instead of getting one M to G1 and one LTM to G1 adapter, I got two of the M to G1's. Love the M to G1 but one of them is sufficient. LOL

Please send me one of the LTM to G1 adapters and i will return one of the M to G1's to you

all the best........beautiful products

Woody

Post Thanks / Like

There are currently a few Novoflex M to G1 adapters on ebay: 370142395. Just bought mine there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by petermcwerner View Post
    There are currently a few Novoflex M to G1 adapters on ebay: 370142395. Just bought mine there
    Guess I'm too late. I couldn't find them on ebay.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
    Guess I'm too late. I couldn't find them on ebay.
    Sorry the article number was incomplete. Here the correct ebay article number:
    Or activate Worldwide and search for novoflex adapter leica m. In this moment there are still 2 available. I have bought articles from this German dealer before and was satisfied

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, the price direct from Novo was less.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I have the Novoflex adapter and I have a question that maybe one of you can answer. I notice that it also has threads in the inner barrel. Does this mean it can take LTM lenses too? If not, what is the purpose of the threads? Second, someone else has posted that the Rayqual is a superior design because it protects the camera's contacts from being shorted by a lens that protrudes the base of the adapter. Would others agree with that assessment? Does it further limit the diameter of protruding lenses and thus limit more lenses from being used?
    V/r John

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by barjohn View Post
    I have the Novoflex adapter and I have a question that maybe one of you can answer. I notice that it also has threads in the inner barrel. Does this mean it can take LTM lenses too? If not, what is the purpose of the threads?...
    No, they´re not threads, just a way to eliminate reflections. You can see the same thing inside many (most?) lenses. Don´t try to mont a lens there, you´ll only scratch the paint off....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

They are grooves and IIRC, are referred to as light baffles...
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monza View Post
    Hmm, the price direct from Novo was less.
    Only Novoflex has not replied to my emails for 3 days

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

When I finally got a response to my email it was to contact my US distributor to purchase.
    V/r John