Site Sponsors

Thread: Happy New Year : (

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Happy New Year : (

Caught with my G1 EXACTLY as you see it in the midst of a horrific blizzard on Cape Cod this New Year's eve at the Stop and Shop I pulled into for some last minute snacks.

Oh..the [shopping cart] humanity!

Hopefully where you were was better. I'd love to see what you saw.

Back to the party...Happy New Year!

Peter
    Last edited by peterb; 24th March 2010 at 05:46.
    Life is an infinite series of moments called..."now".
    My job is to capture them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Happy New Year : (

Its bright and sunny in the low 70 degrees farenheight. First a picture from the from towards the mountains and then my back yard (a golf course).
    Last edited by barjohn; 9th August 2009 at 22:11.
    V/r John

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am soooooooooooo jealous! It's 17 degrees here. (3 with the so-called chill factor but as far as I'm concerned once you're below 38 degrees what difference does it make?)

Happy New Year John!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yeah, me too.....sooooo jealous, that is. Minus 12 degrees here now (7pm)......before factoring in the wind chill. It's been down to minus 18 the past couple of nights. I think the high today was about 5 degrees. Only 4 months of winter left. We're gaining a few seconds of daylight each day now....there's hope for us Northerners after all.

I wanted to go out a take a few photos today....thought better of it when I stepped outside. This kind of cold truly takes your breath away. I'm just VERY glad I don't live in Fairbanks, Alaska....minus 40 degrees there.

Gary Benson
    Eagle River, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    I am soooooooooooo jealous! It's 17 degrees here. (3 with the so-called chill factor but as far as I'm concerned once you're below 38 degrees what difference does it make?)

Happy New Year John!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    Yeah, me too.....sooooo jealous, that is. Minus 12 degrees here now (7pm)......before factoring in the wind chill. It's been down to minus 18 the past couple of nights. I think the high today was about 5 degrees. Only 4 months of winter left. We're gaining a few seconds of daylight each day now....there's hope for us Northerners after all.

I wanted to go out a take a few photos today....thought better of it when I stepped outside. This kind of cold truly takes your breath away. I'm just VERY glad I don't live in Fairbanks, Alaska....minus 40 degrees there.

Gary Benson
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Yikes Garry! And I thought growing up in Malone, NY where I'd gotten used to temperatures dropping to -25 below BEFORE THEY CLOSED SCHOOLS (a place, where summer, as the local wags would say, fell on a Tuesday) was cold. I'll never complain about the cold again.

Compared to your neck of the woods, Cape Cod right now is downright balmy.

P

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well it is cold in the mountains about 45 minute drive from my house. I was in Indiana two weeks ago and froze my you know what off.
    V/r John

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

As the saying goes, it's all relative....I consider myself VERY lucky not to live in Fairbanks. Forty to fifty below zero....now THAT is cold. There was a photograph from Fairbanks in the Anchorage daily newspaper a couple days ago. A woman was standing in her yard (in a down parka of course) and had thrown a pan of water into the air. At 40 below zero, most of the water froze in mid-air before hitting the ground. Reportedly, at 50 below zero, ALL of the water freezes in mid-air. My friends (as John McCain would say), that is seriously cold weather.

So while I shouldn't complain about minus twelve, I'm afraid I will. After 18 years in Alaska (and Minneosta for most of my life before that) I'd just much rather be in California or Arizona right about now, enjoying 70+ degree warmth and sunshine.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Yikes Garry! And I thought growing up in Malone, NY where I'd gotten used to temperatures dropping to -25 below BEFORE THEY CLOSED SCHOOLS (a place, where summer, as the local wags would say, fell on a Tuesday) was cold. I'll never complain about the cold again.

Compared to your neck of the woods, Cape Cod right now is downright balmy.

P