The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LUMIX GM1

mazor

Wow, based on the dimensions of the GM1, it beats the Nex 5 series for size! Even the collapsible zoom it comes with is extremely compact. Would I be wrong to say Panasonic now has the lead for the largest sensor in the most compact ILC body?

Wonder though can the LCD will not articulate up or down, and is there an accessory port for external EVF?

raist3d

The body is smaller, but the lenses (say the telephoto) of the Q would still be smaller overall. But looks like Panasonic is going to have ready about three lenses for this body in mind (i.e. smaller), though they seems slow except for the new 30mm equiv F1.7 Panny-Leica announced for 2014.

That's the lens I would probably be most interested in. I like the current 20mm F1.7 but I bet the new lens will autofocus fast while the current pancake focuses kinda slow.

- Ricardo

Terry

This
could be a nice lens for this camera.
This is a little wide for me but I have pre-ordered the camera. Most places say mid December. Panny's US website and my order gives a Nov 20th date but they are not reliable in terms of dates. I don't mind the silver and black body but would much prefer the kit lens to be black.

hot

Very small, buuuuut I prefer my GX7 ... many better features for "few" money.

For half price you get Canon EOS M :grin:

raist3d

Very small, buuuuut I prefer my GX7 ... many better features for "few" money.

For half price you get Canon EOS M :grin:
Yes but you also get a (i) slightly bigger camera that (ii) does not focuses anywhere near as fast as this one and (iii) will have to use bigger lenses.

While the Canon is indeed a good value, I rather pay up a bit higher to match better what I would want. Also it seems to me Canon doesn't know what they are doing with their EOS M system yet.

- Ricardo