The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus E-M1

Brian Mosley

Brian: which adapter are you using with the Hexanon lens? . . . I've been thinking about picking up a Hexanon 57mm f1.2 for quite awhile.
I've got a Fotasy KONICA-M4/3 adapter, pretty good quality for the price...
Link to rainbowimaging website

Unfortunately, there's an annoying, small amount of play when I focus the lens, so I'd really like to find an alternative which has the locking tab sized perfectly.

Any suggestions for a better adapter supplier out there?

Kind regards

Brian

etrigan63

I've got a Fotasy KONICA-M4/3 adapter, pretty good quality for the price...
Link to rainbowimaging website

Unfortunately, there's an annoying, small amount of play when I focus the lens, so I'd really like to find an alternative which has the locking tab sized perfectly.

Any suggestions for a better adapter supplier out there?

Kind regards

Brian
Is it rotational play or a looseness in the mount? If the latter, you can tighten up the springs yourself with a flat blade jeweller's screwdriver. Just unmount the lens and pry the spring tabs in the adapter down a little bit until the lens snaps in tight.

Brian Mosley

Thanks Carlos, unfortunately it's rotational play.

I suppose that by tightening the spring fit, the lens would be less likely to rotate when focusing... It's only a fraction of a millimetre until it hits the locking tabs but I can feel it every time I reverse the focusing direction as I'm focusing.

I'll give it a go and report back whether it works, worth a try!

Kind regards

Brian

Riley

Natures Carpet

Olympus M1 1/2000th sec, ISO 200, -1/3 e/v
Panasonic Leica Summilux 25/1.4 at f/5.6​

scott kirkpatrick

I was using the Zuiko 11-22 (4/3 lens) on my new E-M1 last week while getting to know some pretty nice airplanes. First a T-6G, 1940s air force advanced trainer:

only jpegs so far. I will replace these with rendered-from-RAW as soon as possible, as highlights lost some details. The 11-22 focuses pretty easily now.
And here's the King Air (a small one C99, about 30 years old) that a friend flies:

A modern addition in the King Air's cockpit (left side) is cupholders:

scott

scott kirkpatrick

who needs an info on fuel ?? Experienced pilots do feel the right level :=)
There have been plenty of counter examples to that popular belief. The last two planes I flew had pretty inaccurate fuel gauges, so there is no substitute to putting a stick in the tank before starting, and paying attention to the duration of the flight. The T-6 can carry 140 gallons of 100 octane gas, and go thru it in as little as two hours. It has a 9-cylinder 600 hp radial engine inside that big round nose.

The next step up, a T-26, is twice as big but much easier to fly (I'm told), has two rows of nine cylinders each and burns gas twice as fast.

But the point of it all is to get up in the air where things do look and feel different:

scott

Godfrey

Marvelous scene, and lovely planes. I always love to fly ... when flying is not sitting in a sardine can that chugs through the sky like a bus.

G

mazor

captured this today with the EM1 and matching 12-40 kit lens, cropped and edited RAW in camera.

I am most impressed with the focus speed and accuracy with this combo. This camera is sooo easy to use compared to my Sony Nex 5n...

Godfrey

Not my usual kind of photo, but I was up early this morning, doing something in the kitchen, and all of a sudden there was a light as if the buildings across the way had been lit on fire. I figured I should take a snap and find it interesting …

Olympus E-M1 + ZD 11-22mm f/2.8-3.5 ED
ISO 200 @ f/3.5 @ 1/100 @ 22mm

The moment only lasted about 90 seconds or so, but that old star lit it up nice out there.
Thanks for looking.

Godfrey

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Need finally to add one shot today - one sunny day after several weeks of fog, rain and meanwhile also snow.

This is with EM1 plus 12-40, which turns out to be a wonderful and amazing combination ....

jonoslack

Phew! Well, I'm back I've spent a couple of days playing with a Sony A7r - just took it back to the shop this morning (not for me).

The first two shots are with the 75 f1.8, the last one is with the 75-300 (mk1) .

Reflection

Two Leaves

Time For Tea

kevinparis

snapshots from the not so mean streets of Los Angeles... mainly 17/1.8.... definately missing RAW support in Aperture !!!

K

jonoslack

Fantastic Kevin
So many great shots. My favourite is the guy with the orange shoes. As for the Aperture support, I couldn't agree more. Can't you MAKE it happen?

I hope you and Cam are flourishing?

mazor

yes the limited support for RAW on third party apps is particularly annoying for the EM1. Currently I can either use a simple RAW converter called UFRAW to process ORD to PPM, or JPG, or I can use the more preferable Aftershot pro to process EM1 ORF only after I retag the EXIF to be a EP1 or EPL5.

kevinparis

Fantastic Kevin
So many great shots. My favourite is the guy with the orange shoes. As for the Aperture support, I couldn't agree more. Can't you MAKE it happen?

I hope you and Cam are flourishing?
thanks jono

we are doing fine.... got the great turkey fest aka Thanksgiving tomorrow... then on Friday we are off to Maui for a week.... its a tough job but somebody has to do it!!!

K

kevinparis

I have just learned from a LA paparazzi friend on another forum, that the guy in the second shot is actually a fellow paparazzi!!!

its a small world....

K