The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus E-M1

mazor

great shots paulwr, it is good to see the new 12-40mm images, especially portrait ones to see how much much bokeh one can get from the 2.8 aperture on m43.

paulwr

Thanks Carlos, Mazor.
Bokeh not bad but I might have to try the OMD and my 50/35 Summilux. I would be interested to see examples, if any of the forum members have tried out this combination.

paulwr

Another shot from last night with E-M1 and 12-40. Loving the combination and more post flexibility than I had imagined.

Godfrey

Thanks Carlos, Mazor.
Bokeh not bad but I might have to try the OMD and my 50/35 Summilux. I would be interested to see examples, if any of the forum members have tried out this combination.
I'll use the Leica Summilux-R 50mm f/1.4 on my next E-M1 walk, likely on Saturday morning as I'm too busy today. The Summicron-R 50/2 performed beautifully on the E-M1, the Summilux has a very different imaging signature so I'm very curious to see how it works.

G

Riley

Drift
The Southern Ocean

Olympus M1 1/800 sec, ISO 200, -1/3 e/v
Panasonic Leica Summilux 25/1.4 at 7.1​

tashley

Subscriber Member
A passing snap from today: (transferred via app and wireless to ipad, edited therein and transferred to zenfolio therefrom, making therefore for a very small production and distribution system!)

etrigan63

A passing snap from today: (transferred via app and wireless to ipad, edited therein and transferred to zenfolio therefrom, making therefore for a very small production and distribution system!)
Very neat, Tim! What did you edit with? Did you transfer a JPEG or an ORF file? Does the transfer work with Android tablets?

Amin

Out of my wife and kids, only my daughter was willing to pose for the new camera. But at six weeks old, she can't hold her head up for the shot:

PB080003 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr

FWIW, Isabella thinks the E-M1 is a little too big:

PB070167 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr

Last edited:

Godfrey

I took a walk at lunch time and looked around me.

All taken with Olympus E-M1 + Summilux-DG 25mm f/1.4 ASPH

It was a good walk on a beautiful day.

Thanks for looking. Comments appreciated.

G

Matix

Well . . . My 12-60 came back from the menders this morning, it's like meeting a very old and very very good friend! I love it - it's a great range, it focuses stupidly close, and it's sharp at all apertures and all focal lengths - right to the corners!

Added to which it focuses perfectly adequately on the E-M1

Here are 4 shots from rainy today

I really like this one Jono, well captured.. ticks all my boxes.

Phil

Brian Mosley

Been working far too hard... finally a chance to grab a couple on the way home this morning.

Straight output from Olympus Viewer 3.

E-M1 + 75mm f1.8
1/250s f/4.5 at 75.0mm iso200

E-M1 + 75mm f1.8
1/8000s f/1.8 at 75.0mm iso200

Kind regards

Brian

tashley

Subscriber Member
And then there's always the evening stroll too… I love taking the E-M1 and 12-40 everywhere, it is solo versatile!

Brian Mosley

Pretty cold this morning, I wouldn't be surprised if we get snow in the next few weeks.

E-M1 + 12mm f2
1/200s f/4.5 at 12.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian