The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus E-M1

jonoslack

That's lovely Brian . . must not think of that lens!

At the moment I'm spending most of my time with the 12-60 - partly to rediscover an old friend, and partly because I can convert the ORF files to DNG and use Aperture.

here are some with the 12-60

Somerset Sunset

Sennen Beach

Sea and Sand

A Prickly Relationship

jonoslack

Thanks Jono,

I find that I often shoot zoom lenses at either extreme... so the 12mm f2 and 75mm f1.8 on two bodies works far better for me, than a 12-60mm zoom on one.
HI Brian
I quite understand . . . it's exactly what I do with the Leica's - usually a 24 or 28 on one body and a 75 on the other.

. . . but when I'm using µ43 I like to take advantage of the great zooms. I used to have the 12 f2 - great lens - and now I do use both the 45 and 75 quite a bit, but it's the zooms that get the use (at least until Apple get their act in order!)
all the best

dhsimmonds

Hi Brian

A really nice image, obviously taken just before your Sunday morning service!!

Seriously though it is a great shot....did you use the HDR function in camera or
as pp work?

Godfrey

I find that I often shoot zoom lenses at either extreme... so the 12mm f2 and 75mm f1.8 on two bodies works far better for me, than a 12-60mm zoom on one.
The 12mm f2 is way, way better than I expected.
you tempts me, you tempts me.

G

Brian Mosley

Hi Dave,

Thanks, just a single shot, developed in Olympus viewer to tiff, adjustments to tonality in Lightzone.

Cheers

Brian

Godfrey

... you tempts me, you tempts me.

LOL! It is SO easy to just spend money on cool lenses and camera stuff.

STOP THE MADNESS! No, I won't. Not yet, not immediately. I need to actually use the new camera a bit first. The grip makes it wonderful with the 11-22 lens, just like the E-1 is wonderful with it.

I'm going to go take some photos with it now ... :)

G

jlm

Workshop Member
finally got a few processed, using LR5, mostly shot in crappy sodium vapor, fluorescent mixed light indoors at iso 400 or so, my fav

jlm

Workshop Member
this series in the Chelsea market, NYC, a favorite place. these from the outstanding fish market there:

jonoslack

Weather wet around here.
Still, the 60 macro is fun to use in horrid weather.
as an aside, my E-M1 has now been completely soaked 3 times with no ill effect

bramble

ivy and door

the way forward