The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus E-M1

G43

I am new here but thought to throw in some shots I made last weekend in Regensburg, Germany. Amazing city.
EM1 + 12mm + 25 mm PL + 42,5 Noct + 75 mm.

Last edited:

G43

Thanks a lot Godfrey. Like your 'seeing' as well. You have so many goodies here.
Guess it's all about seeing in the end anyhow.

BTW I notice some off's when uploading photos. I have exported my RGB files to sRGB before uploading but the colors seems pretty offset. Likewise the luminance is not spot on.

Godfrey

Olympus E-M1 + M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8

Made me laugh...
Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

G

G43

That 75 mm and the eye behind. Amazing possibilities. The rendering this lens offers is gorgeous. Always easy to recognize.
Again a wonderful series Godfrey.

Off topic: May I ask you Godfrey (and fellowmen). How do you upload pictures so they do not show just as thumbnails. But just like yours. Subscription against cash?

Godfrey

That 75 mm and the eye behind. Amazing possibilities. The rendering this lens offers is gorgeous. Always easy to recognize.
Again a wonderful series Godfrey.

Off topic: May I ask you Godfrey (and fellowmen). How do you upload pictures so they do not show just as thumbnails. But just like yours. Subscription against cash?
Thank you!

I post my photos to Flickr.com at 1024 pixels on the long edge and then link them here using the IMG link command.

G

G43

Istanbul May 2014.
What a place for a photographic adventure. Very recomendable.

Last edited:

G43

LOL me too. Not really.
I admit the question is category 'dangerous* in *Who want's to become a Millionaire*.
Tele lenses are known for their compression and who would think a street light positioned 10 meters from you showing almost the same DOF as the towers 200 meters away?
The remaining images are PL 25mm 1.4 and a single shot 12mm f2.0.

Last edited:

G43

Deep inside Serbia. The central yard of an Aunt far out in the family. A tiny spring flower caught outside with the 60mm Macro.

Last edited:

mazor

wow G43, not only do you have a 75mm, but also the 60mm macro. that with all your other primes must make for a very large kit!

Not saying mine is not big, I have the Oly 12-40pro, 75mm 1.8, 60mm 2.8macro, and a panny 100-300. Now all I need is a descent external flash to complete the kit.

G43

Hi Mazor

The 12-40 & 75 makes it for most. A fantastic versatile set. Adding the 60 macro and the 100-300 is just making it complete.
I saw something with Metz launching a dedicated 43 flash.
Metz flash Mecablitz 64 AF-1 for MFT coming in September. | 43 Rumors

My set is:

Oly 12-40
Oly 12
PL 25*
PL Nocticron 42,5*
Oly 45
Oly 60*
Oly 75*

* Favorite lenses. Love the rendering endlessly :)

On my wish list was PL 30, but seeing the samples images I was disappointed and cancelled my order.
On my wish list is 7-14 pro and 300 mm pro.

Godfrey

Hi Mazor

The 12-40 & 75 makes it for most. A fantastic versatile set. Adding the 60 macro and the 100-300 is just making it complete.
I saw something with Metz launching a dedicated 43 flash.
Metz flash Mecablitz 64 AF-1 for MFT coming in September. | 43 Rumors

My set is:

Oly 12-40
Oly 12
PL 25*
PL Nocticron 42,5*
Oly 45
Oly 60*
Oly 75*

* Favorite lenses. Love the rendering endlessly :)

On my wish list was PL 30, but seeing the samples images I was disappointed and cancelled my order.
On my wish list is 7-14 pro and 300 mm pro.
What is the "PL 30"?

I have a good number of lenses for the E-M1, but the two I use the most are the Summilux-DG 25mm f/1.4 ASPH and Macro-Elmarit-DG 45mm f/2.8 ASPH OIS. Superb rendering, sharpness, etc from both of them.

For wide, I use mostly the Olympus ZD 11-22mm f/2.8-3.5 from the SLRs. An amazing lens. When I want wide and compact, I have the tiny Panasonic 14mm f/2.5 and its wide converter, which does a surprisingly good job considering that both together cost me less than $200.

For long, I have the ZD 50-200/2.8-3.5 and EC-14 teleconverter: a superb performer if a bit of a trombone in size and dynamics. I mostly use it on a tripod. The M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 is used much more often due to its small size and light weight—I'll just carry it a lot more, and it's both long and fast enough to be very useful.

For Macro, in addition to the M-E 45, I have a ZD 35mm f/3.5, a Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 preAI, and a Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 AI-S.

Far as I'm concerned, my lens kit is as complete as I have any interest. With the E-M1 body, a three-four lens kit is light and compact, and the whole system is very versatile.

G

G43

Ohh.. uoops. PL30 is the PL15..sorry. Can't get my brain off eqv. FF lenses.

You have a massive arsenal of weapons there Godfrey. Impressive.

I try to keep my photo west or bag armed with 3 maybe 4 lenses and let 2 + 2 be 5 if I just miss the lens I left back home.

My best lens is the PL 42,5 Noct, but it is quite bulk and heavy, though worth to carry. I always regret when I have a good shot inboard with the tiny Oly 45 that I didn't go with the 42,5 Noct. It's that amazing.
Not far from the Noct is the Oly 75... it just renders so silky and beautiful. Master glass.
Not far from the Oly 75 is the PL 25. Just love that lens. It has a signature that dresses most.

Well there are so many lenses to chose from in the 43 world.

:)