The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus E-M1

mazor

Jorgen thought you already had a 75mm? It should be in just about everyones m43 kit ;)

As for fisheye, I use the Samyang F mount 8mm fisheye with speed booster. The result is a 6mm fisheye on my E-M1. Simply brilliant and wider than a native 7.5mm fish.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
A new lens came flying in my window yesterday (second hand, paid for with the sale of the D700 and Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AiS). Photo taken at my rather dark bedroom. I'm officially amazed!

E-M1 with Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 + 1.4x TC @ 210mm, f/4 and 1/5s handheld! ISO 800 and no noise reduction.

100%

Last edited:

marlof

Yeah, the 40-150 is a magical lens. That much so, that I even took it in a light backpack on a cycling holiday, where I'd usually hold back on camera gear to bring.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
A new lens came flying in my window yesterday (second hand, paid for with the sale of the D700 and Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AiS). Photo taken at my rather dark bedroom. I'm officially amazed!
Congratulations to this lens!

I said it already so often in this forum, that I am also amazed with that lens!

It is actually the main reason I am staying in the m43 system, without it I would be already happy camper in the Fuji X ecosystem.

Enjoy!

Elderly

A couple of classic Porsches :thumbup: ..... a moment before I knocked the lens hood off my 40-150
onto stone steps :thumbdown:

Knorp

A couple of classic Porsches :thumbup: ..... a moment before I knocked the lens hood off my 40-150
onto stone steps :thumbdown:
Sorry for your mishap, Ian.
Could be worse though: you could have knocked the Porsches ... :shocked:

Kind regards.

Elderly

Sorry for your mishap, Ian.
Could be worse though: you could have knocked the Porsches ... :shocked:

Kind regards.
Worse? ..... NO ;) - Cars get dinged, dented and repaired on a regular basis :grin: .

Glad it wasn't my lens though :bugeyes:.

neilvan

A strange atmospheric optic appeared the other night while I was enjoying the sunset...

E-M1 40-150p

Elderly

I went to the Tate Modern to see its new extension and the Georgia O'Keeffe exhibition.
Both in my opinion were a waste of money; the extension (£260,000,000.) does work really
well in it's surroundings but inside it's a let down; they should have spent that money on
seminal works of art instead!
Likewise - Georgia O'Keeffe might have been important to the C.I.A. in 1946, but I really
think that she's seriously overrated.

BUT ..... in one of the free to enter galleries were about 24 fantastic black & white photographs taken
in Byker (Newcastle-upon-Tyne) in the early to mid 1970s by the Finish photographer Sirkka-Liisa Konttinen. Truly marvellous moments caught and beautifully printed - have a look here: 'Girl on a Spacehopper (Byker)', Sirkka-Liisa Konttinen | Tate
I urge anybody near London to go and see them.

After that diatribe, I suppose I'd better post a photo taken at that visit :D