Site Sponsors

Thread: Micro 4/3 - rear lens caps anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Micro 4/3 - rear lens caps anyone?

Hi,
    Maybe it is me - lousy at handling search engines... but; is there anyone here that can point me in the right direction? I want to buy a couple of rear lens caps for my micro4/3 lenses.

I don't dare to ask Panasonic as every accesoire seem to be made of gold or something. And no, I don't have a lot of micro4/3 lenses... but I like to have one adapter for every lens I use regularly so I would need a couple of rear caps.

Thank you, /Jonas

psurfer

Re: Micro 4/3 - rear lens caps anyone?

I'd like to add a question to the question- Does the G1 come w/a body cap, and/or rear lens cap for the kit lens?
    Mine hasn't been delivered yet, and I'm learning not to take these once-given things for granted any more...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

body cap - yes included
    rear lens cap -yes included

extras call panasonic??? 800.405.0652 is their online store

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The Panasonic DMW-MA1 comes with a rear lens cap and a camera body front cap so there is two extras thrown in for the $150 price of the adapter. The adapter is well made and carries the contacts forward for use with 4:3 lenses.
    V/r John

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TEBnewyork View Post
    body cap - yes included
    rear lens cap -yes included

extras call panasonic??? 800.405.0652 is their online store
    Hi, thanks you for replying.
    I forgot to add my location to my profile - calling Panny USA from Sweden is hardly an option for me.

Quote Originally Posted by barjohn View Post
    The Panasonic DMW-MA1 comes with a rear lens cap and a camera body front cap so there is two extras thrown in for the $150 price of the adapter. The adapter is well made and carries the contacts forward for use with 4:3 lenses.
    Hi, but no thanks. I have one of those adapters. I'm not intended to buy another one for $150 to get the lens cap...

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, there doesn't seem to be any easy cheap ways to get extra lens caps. I'm sure they will be available in the future (as I believe in the lens mount) but for now it is what it is.

I called one one my local dealers here in Sweden and ordered three pcs of them. SEK 129 each, our VAT included...
    (That is USD 13 plus VAT each.)

I'll take good care of them... and they are of course worth their price compared to damaged rear lens elements. regards, /Jonas