The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Micro 4/3 - rear lens caps anyone?

Jonas

Hi,
Maybe it is me - lousy at handling search engines... but; is there anyone here that can point me in the right direction? I want to buy a couple of rear lens caps for my micro4/3 lenses.

I don't dare to ask Panasonic as every accesoire seem to be made of gold or something. And no, I don't have a lot of micro4/3 lenses... but I like to have one adapter for every lens I use regularly so I would need a couple of rear caps.

Thank you, /Jonas

P

psurfer

I'd like to add a question to the question- Does the G1 come w/a body cap, and/or rear lens cap for the kit lens?
Mine hasn't been delivered yet, and I'm learning not to take these once-given things for granted any more...

Terry

body cap - yes included
rear lens cap -yes included

extras call panasonic??? 800.405.0652 is their online store

barjohn

The Panasonic DMW-MA1 comes with a rear lens cap and a camera body front cap so there is two extras thrown in for the $150 price of the adapter. The adapter is well made and carries the contacts forward for use with 4:3 lenses.

Jonas

body cap - yes included
rear lens cap -yes included

extras call panasonic??? 800.405.0652 is their online store
Hi, thanks you for replying.
I forgot to add my location to my profile - calling Panny USA from Sweden is hardly an option for me.

The Panasonic DMW-MA1 comes with a rear lens cap and a camera body front cap so there is two extras thrown in for the $150 price of the adapter. The adapter is well made and carries the contacts forward for use with 4:3 lenses.
Hi, but no thanks. I have one of those adapters. I'm not intended to buy another one for £€$150 to get the lens cap...

Jonas

Ok, there doesn't seem to be any easy cheap ways to get extra lens caps. I'm sure they will be available in the future (as I believe in the lens mount) but for now it is what it is.

I called one one my local dealers here in Sweden and ordered three pcs of them. SEK 129 each, our VAT included... :(
(That is USD 13 plus VAT each.)

I'll take good care of them... and they are of course worth their price compared to damaged rear lens elements. regards, /Jonas