The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bellows set up for Lumix G3 camera

felix5616

I have a lumix G3 and would like to use older canon FD bellows. Can anyone tell me the components i need including a very sharp lens for the bellows.

thanks

JBurnett

You'll need a Canon FD to Micro-4/3 adapter at the camera end. As this is a Canon FD bellows, you should probably start by looking at Canon FD-mount macro lenses, rather than adapting something else. The FD 50mm f/3.5 macro lens, for example, can be used on it's own (.5x or 1X with extension tube), or on the bellows. The Canon FD 35mm f/2.8 Macrophoto lens is a dedicated bellows lens and has no focusing mechanism of its own. When used on the bellows, it will provide magnifications from about 2X to 6X life size, I think. The 20mm f/3.5 macrophoto will provide magnifications of between 4X and 10X life size. What will work best for you will depend on the magnification and working distance that you need.