The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Ancient GH3

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks Dale. Unfortunately, I don't have as much time for photography as I used to, but walking to work, wherever I am in the world, getting lost and getting late more often than not, helps uncover new treasures now and then.

GH3 with PanaLeica 14-50mm f/2.8-3/5 @ 50mm and f/3.5

Dale Allyn

Thanks Dale. Unfortunately, I don't have as much time for photography as I used to,... (snip)
I understand, Jørgen. It's the same for me. But you're still producing really wonderful images as always.

I'm jealous of your recent time in Burma. I've not been there for a while. In fact, my working trips there, to some amazing areas in Burma, were mostly sans photo gear (other than a P&S digital Elph) quite some time back. That actually caused me to get back into this wallet-sucking activity, after work and life kept me from photography for quiet a while.

Wonderful people, wonderful photo opportunities in S.E. Asia. One only needs an endless supply of time. ;)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
GH3 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/2.8

GH3 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/4

GH3 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/4

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen Udvang, it seems like the 75mm f1.8 is indeed one of your most used lens on your GH3 :)
Indeed, and there are 3 reasons for that:

- I like the focal length
- The 75mm is as close to perfect as I require from a lens
- I prefer shooting with primes, and it's the only native prime I own for m4/3. That will hopefully change soon :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
This thread has lonnnnng drifted into the
"Fun With ..." nature! Title change!
:lecture:
Ah, but there is a "Fun with Panasonic GH3" thread (which I didn't realise when I started this one). However, the GH3 is such a unique, excellent camera that it deserves a thread with it's own unique name, don't you think? ;)

If anything, the threads should be merged. Is it possible to do that?

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Jorgen and Tanngrisnir: great images (Jorgen, soon you will have enough for an ebook: Daily life in Krung Thep (and other great towns).

Tanngrisnir: unusual wind interesting.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you, Kit. Most from this last batch were from Yangon, and I will be seeing a lot of that city the coming year. An ebook sounds like an interesting challenge. Something to consider :)