Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ancient GH3

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The Ancient GH3

The GH3 was forgotten quickly. It's kind of the mirrorless equivalent of the D3X; a bit large, lots of buttons, battery power to last for miles and although not bleeding edge camera technology, a real photographer's camera. Add to that the best video quality this side of $5,000, and it's a rather tempting option for those who are looking for something different.

I found one for 60% of the original price, 6 months old and with 200 clicks on the meter (don't know how much video) and 18 months left of the warranty. After just one day of use, I can only say that it's an impressive camera. Rock solid build and rock solid performance. The buffer rooms 22 RAW files at 6fps or 27 at 4fps. One battery lasts more than 500 shots and with the battery grip and 2 of those, it's more than 1,000. The solid battery power also seems to recycle the flash faster, and that was very useful for fill flash with three active children as test subjects.

Image quality is clearly better than the GH2, but high ISO can't follow the E-M1. Neither can the IBIS obviously, since this Panasonic doesn't have that feature, nor the AF of moving subjects. The plan is to buy the Olympus a bit later, but I have to admit this camera feels very, very right in my hands

Here are a couple of test shots from my back yard (that's where test shots are taken, right?):

GH3 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/1.8 and 1/160s, with fill flash

GH3 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/1.8 and 1/40s, no flash

Things I sell: https://www.shutterstock.com/g/epixx?language=en
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Ancient GH3

I've been interested in this camera as well but I seldom see used bodies for sale, at least at 50-60% original price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by donbga View Post
    I've been interested in this camera as well but I seldom see used bodies for sale, at least at 50-60% original price.
    I was very lucky to find one at my regular camera hangout. My impression is that most owners really love these cameras

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

GH3 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/1.8, no flash

Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Jorgen: What are you using for fill flash? It's well done and looks natural. Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by httivals View Post
    Jorgen: What are you using for fill flash? It's well done and looks natural. Thanks,
    The onboard flash. No adjustments. It just works great

Post Thanks / Like

When I handled the GH3 I would IMO consider it the best M43 ergonomically handling to date, it does however sway from the small size that M43 is about

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by deckitout View Post
    When I handled the GH3 I would IMO consider it the best M43 ergonomically handling to date, it does however sway from the small size that M43 is about
    It's not really much smaller than a D7100, but much lighter and much thinner, which I prefer, since it's easier to hold. So it's not an ideal travel camera, but absolutely great for work
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

And now, for something completely different:

GH3 with PanaLeica 14-50mm f/2.8-3.5 @ 20mm, f/4 and 1/20s

Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    The GH3 was forgotten quickly. It's kind of the mirrorless equivalent of the D3X; a bit large, lots of buttons, battery power to last for miles and although not bleeding edge camera technology, a real photographer's camera. Add to that the best video quality this side of $5,000, and it's a rather tempting option for those who are looking for something different.
    Image quality is clearly better than the GH2, but high ISO can't follow the E-M1. Neither can the IBIS obviously, since this Panasonic doesn't have that feature, nor the AF of moving subjects. The plan is to buy the Olympus a bit later, but I have to admit this camera feels very, very right in my hands
    Over in LuLa, there is at least one keen advocate for M4/3 and the GH3
    in particular --"BCooter", aka James Russell of RussellRutherford.

cf. New Camera from Olympus

I think digital camera development is interesting.

When I bought my first two 1ds Canons, which I think were the first film quality digital cameras made, in the fact that shot quickly, had little if no artifacts and went to around 600 to 800 iso cleanly. Probably higher today with modern processing.
    /.../
    /.../
    Well now it's been 10 Canons later (approx. $30,000), A leaf Valeo, Leaf Aptus ($30,000), two phase one backs ($36,000), a nikon d2x (when the 1ds Canons had issues : $5,000), Nikon D3, D7000 (oh I don't know 7,000), and now onto video cameras (won't even count the Canons, REDs, etc.); but up to the 43 systems I owned, in still cameras alone, there is over $100,000 in camera capture devices alone, not including lenses and a trillion upgrades on software and enough Apple computers to make me a Apple reseller.

Funny thing is with the 43 cameras I've come kind of full circle. The OMD and the GH3 for stills shoot about the same quality file as the 1ds2. In comparing them to my latest Canon 1dx they are about a stop slower in noise, about 15% less detail (if that). so I assume they equal a 1ds1 or 1ds2 and, yes, they work professionally because I've shot a lot of images with them lately, nobody has said a word, I've been paid, life goes on.

/.../
    You have to look long and hard to find any motion camera at any price that does what the gh3 will do and with the Black Magic 43 camera that's just a plus for this format.

They all have some form of articulating viewfinder which doubles as a waist level finder. The 43 ratio is perfect for vertical and in the gh3's case you really don't miss an ovf, in fact your hard pressed to know it's not an ovf in most instances. Maybe the omd1 will do the same.

Then price. For two canon 1ds new at the time I paid close to $13,000. The complete 43 kit with three bodies, 7 lenses, sound, chargers, extra batteries, is around 6 grand.

But bottom line in still image quality, (f you call quality pixel size, detail and noise qualitiy . . . I don't) I'm pretty close to where I was 10 years ago.

---------
    ---------
    Now in regards to the OMD 1. I don't get it. I understand improving the focus, the ability to use the older 43 lenses. But what don't get is the incremental upgrades from every maker.

There is no technical reason that the omd 1 could not have had two sound imports, a headphone jack, shoot a 72mbs intra file making great use of their amazing image stabilization. Actually there is probably no reason it couldn't be hacked to shoot a raw video file like the canon 5d2,3 whatever.
    In other words they could make a better gh3 and that is the stuff that stumps me.

And if you don't care about shooting motion, then fine, but the commercial and editorial world does. Terry Richardson just shot a medium production quality video of that strange Milley chick that got something like a million views a day. In three days it probably will surpass all of the views of his print work in the last three years, so yeah video does matter.

/.../
    Now the real question is why 43? For me because first it was the video of the gh3 which has yet to disappoint, secondly and a pleasant surprise was how good the still quality is for these little cameras. They kind of look like 35mm film which I like, because they are not glass smooth past 400.

Since I go from city to city, studio to studio (today I'm in London), I can put one messenger bag on the plane, one tripod in a suitcase, and have a camera system I can virtually use on any gig. For heavy production, yes we bring a lot of stuff, but if I want to shoot an editorial here today, I can.

But I see this in a very different way. I'm not a casual photographer or a guy that turns two shots a day. If that was so I'd never have to buy another camera again. We push tons of data, right now I'm looking at about 7 terabytes with motion and stills, to be spread out over 16 videos, don't know how many web and print placements. At that volume, at that post production speed and requirements, they want professional imagery, but nobody is counting a little noise in a shadow or if somebody's eyelash is slightly blurred in a group of 15 subjects.

Others will disagree, others have that right.

//

The only thing not mentioned is the insane menu system. On the gh3 if you make a setting, don't like it return to the menu it takes you back to where you were. On the omd 5 it takes you from start and with 86 layers of settings is maddening.

/.../
    Another point is though most functions are user definable which is fine if you remember what f5, f2 etc. stands for. On the gh3 there are three buttons by the shutter you use all the time, wb, iso and +-, for compensation. These are very intuitive and marked as the function they do.

/.../
    Once again, not to beat a dead horse, but the hobbling of the video [in the E-M5 & 1] is surprising. It's like Panasonic says we'll do the video, Olympus you do the stills.
    -d

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you for the link, drofnad. That guy must be my brother

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Not much time for photography these days, so here's one from the beach today. Unfortunately, AF with 4/3 lenses isn't nearly fast enough to chase active children, so I'll probably buy the Zuiko 12-40mm to replace the PanaLeica 14-50. The camera also has the bad habit of blowing the red channel on some bright, red fabrics, pretty obvious in the girl's dress here. The GH2 also does this.

GH3 with PanaLeica 14-50mm f/2.8-3.5 @ 50mm and f/5.6

GH3 with PanaLeica 14-50mm f/2.8-3.5 @ 16mm and f/5.6

But clarity and detail for portraits... WOW! This one was 2 stops underexposed btw. No problems getting it back up there without any visible noise or loss of detail.

GH3 with PanaLeica 14-50mm f/2.8-3.5 @ 42mm and f/5.6

GH3 with PanaLeica 14-50mm f/2.8-3.5 @ 14mm and f/5.6

Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 27th October 2013 at 05:41.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just picked up one of these as I'm finally having some time/energy to get shooting again, with some video being a particular target. I played with the GH3 and GX7 and the GH3 won by a mile. Ergos are really quite good. I also looked at the Canon 70D but the inability to use the viewfinder when shooting video was a deal killer. Plus while I have a 6D and a few L lenses, it ends up being too big/heavy to haul around most of the time. I keep the 6D and 16-35/2.8 for when I have to shoot tight interiors for work but beyond that...u4/3 wins.

Now I have to figure out all the damn buttons
    new album | nostatic | music

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here's one of my assistant trying to show me a photo she took of me with the Nokia 808

GH3 with PanaLeica 14-50mm f/2,8-3.5 @ 40mm and f/3.5

Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nokia 808 rocks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

GH3 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/1.8

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Jorgen, does your Leica 14-50/2,8-3,5 autofocus on the GH3? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
    Jorgen, does your Leica 14-50/2,8-3,5 autofocus on the GH3? Thanks.
    Yes, it does, although slowly. Takes 1-2 seconds, which sometimes feels like 1-2 minutes
    It does produce the most beautiful photos though

It autofocuses with the GH2 as well, probably even slower, but I don't have that camera with me, so can't compare. With the E-M1, it focuses as if it were on a DSLR camera. A very nice combination
    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 16th November 2013 at 05:58.

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

First images with GH-3, 25 lux and 45 macro-elmarit...stepped out into backyard in late afternoon...overcast, windy, with rain sprinkles.
    Last edited by benroy; 18th December 2014 at 08:55.

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it does, although slowly. Takes 1-2 seconds, which sometimes feels like 1-2 minutes

It autofocuses with the GH2 as well, probably even slower, but I don't have that camera with me, so can't compare. With the E-M1, it focuses as if it were on a DSLR camera. A very nice combination
    Thanks Jorgen! I have an ancient GH1 and it does't autofocus for the Leica 14-50 but does for Leica 14-150. It's good to know both GH2 and GH3 do. I really like the Leica 14-50 Vario-Elmarit zoom lens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I saw this airplane today. I think it's Russian.

GH3 with PanaLeica 14-50mm f/[email protected] 21mm and f/5.6

Likes 11 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Jorgen, I had a GH3, but for many reasons sold it and bought two GX7s; video is my main need these days. I bought a GX1 for a third camera ($179 Adorama); and it also produces lovely video.

I know the GH3 has the all-I frames codec, etc., but for my needs (downloadable products and YouTube clips) that's complete overkill. I am very happy you like your GH3; certainly it's a 'pro' camera.

The bigger picture (IMO) is that 4/3rds is become a mature format. I have been tempted by the Sony A7, but reports of focussing problems has left me in the unusual position of not being an early adopter. I do have some very once Oly glass that can be used on both FF and 4/3rds, and for me, the two formats may well be able to be used side by side in a way that (lens-wise) makes far more sense than using APS-C and FF together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Kit,
    What I like about the GH3 is the combination of handling, image quality and video quality. I bought mine second hand for a very nice price (60% of what I would have had to pay for the E-M1). I'm travelling with the GH3 right now and I couldn't be happier. Here's one from today, an 80 year old farmer that I met in the rice fields towards the end of a long day harvesting rice.

GH3 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/3.5

Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Since I'm i harvest mode, here's another one

GH3 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/2.2

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

One more girl

Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

... and another

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

GH3 with PanaLeica 14-50mm f/2.8-3.5 @ 50mm, f/3.5 and ISO 6400

Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 24th November 2013 at 08:46.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

GH3 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/3.5

Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

GH3 with PanaLeica 14-50mm f/2.8-3.5 @ 50mm and f/4

Post Thanks / Like

Jorgen Udvang, love your 75mm 1.8 shots!! I really need to get one of these lens!! Just need to find one at the right price.

Post Thanks / Like

hmm, wonder how well this lens would focus say on a Olympus EM1?

Post Thanks / Like

The GH3 is comparable to the EM-1 and EM-5 at high ISO. It also focuses faster in low light than the EM-5.

I really only choose my EM-5 over my GH3 when I want to use either my 75mm f1.8 or 75-300mm Olympus lenses. The EM-5 quality just seems a bit higher with these lenses. Also, since they are on the longer side and not internally stabilized, the IBIS is helpful.

Enjoy your GH3.

Best,

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mazor View Post
    hmm, wonder how well this lens would focus say on a Olympus EM1?
    The PanaLeica 14-50 works very well on the E-M1 and focuses much faster thanks to the phase detect AF, plus AF-C works as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ohnri View Post
    The GH3 is comparable to the EM-1 and EM-5 at high ISO. It also focuses faster in low light than the EM-5.

I really only choose my EM-5 over my GH3 when I want to use either my 75mm f1.8 or 75-300mm Olympus lenses. The EM-5 quality just seems a bit higher with these lenses. Also, since they are on the longer side and not internally stabilized, the IBIS is helpful.

Enjoy your GH3.

Best,

Bill
    The only reason I would choose an E-M5 over the GH3 is the IBIS, and that's rarely needed with wide aperture lenses. It's also a bit smaller. I'm afraid I don't understand your argument about image quality with Olympus lenses. I don't see any difference between the GH3 and the E-M5. I don't own and E-M5, but I have access to one on a regular basis.

What the GH3 does offers over the E-M5 are:

- Better ergonomics
    - Much better video quality and functionality
    - Larger battery
    - More useful movements of the LCD

With the E-M1, that changes a lot due to this cameras superior AF and comparable ergonomics.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid I don't understand your argument about image quality with Olympus lenses.
    Just an observation.

And the GH3 is better with the Pana 25mm f/1.4

Best,

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

GH3 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/2.8

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

GH3 with PanaLeica 14-50mm f/2.8-2.5 @ 50mm and f/3.5 taken from a Cessna Caravan

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: The Ancient GH3

Nice work with that ancient camera, Jorgen. I couldn't resist hitting the "buy it, with one click" button, when they dipped below 700.00, for a short time, on Amazon the other day. Now, I'm kind of excited to get it, after seeing your work with it.

I'm glad to hear they sorted out the flash on it. I noticed they made improvements with the flash from the GH2 to the G6, so I'm happy to hear the update made it into the GH3, as well.

Post Thanks / Like

The only reason I would choose an E-M5 over the GH3 is the IBIS, and that's rarely needed with wide aperture lenses. It's also a bit smaller. I'm afraid I don't understand your argument about image quality with Olympus lenses. I don't see any difference between the GH3 and the E-M5. I don't own and E-M5, but I have access to one on a regular basis.

What the GH3 does offers over the E-M5 are:

- Better ergonomics
    - Much better video quality and functionality
    - Larger battery
    - More useful movements of the LCD

With the E-M1, that changes a lot due to this cameras superior AF and comparable ergonomics.
    fwiw I just sold my E-M5 and have been shooting the GH3 for a few weeks, and just picked up the GM1. I also briefly flirted with the GX7 and while I still keep looking at it (especially with the $200 off at the moment), I find the GH3 just works ergonomically. Also, it is the only one of any of the usual suspects that will shoot video non-stop for long periods of time (e.g. up to two hours, AVHCD). The GH3 is perfect to put on a tripod, focus, hit the red button, and leave it alone to capture an event.

The GM1 is really a spectacular engineering feat. It handles like a small point and shoot - one hand, holding it with thumb/middle finger and index finger on the shutter (assuming you are already at the zoom you want if you're using the kit lens). the body and kit lens fits in the same tiny bag that used to carry DLux4/S110. Incredible.

The GX7, while might be a Goldilocks camera for some, was kind of in-between handling-wise for me. Not enough of a grip for me to really "grip", and too big to shoot like a P&S. Depending on your hand size and how you like to shoot though I can see the attraction. The one other issue I had was constantly hitting the Q button.

I loved the EM5 but had to run the grip on it to be comfortable. The IBIS was great, but video was pretty lacking

I keep coming back to the GH3 though. That body with the 12-35/2.8 and 35-100/2.8 is an incredibly versatile package that fits my hand perfectly and is way smaller/lighter than an equivalent APS-C or FF. And I can still slap a prime on it and work that way. I haven't bonded with a camera this well in awhile.
    new album | nostatic | music

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nostatic View Post
    fwiw I just sold my E-M5 and have been shooting the GH3 for a few weeks....... I find the GH3 just works ergonomically.

The GX7..... Depending on your hand size and how you like to shoot though I can see the attraction.

I loved the EM5 but had to run the grip on it to be comfortable. The IBIS was great, but video was pretty lacking

I keep coming back to the GH3 though. That body with the 12-35/2.8 and 35-100/2.8 is an incredibly versatile package that fits my hand perfectly and is way smaller/lighter than an equivalent APS-C or FF. And I can still slap a prime on it and work that way. I haven't bonded with a camera this well in awhile.
    Very interesting comments... I agree with the above, kind of sums up my experienc, I totally agree with the last paragraph....'I haven't bonded with a camera this well in awhile.' statement.

I had the opportunity to pick up the E-M1 last week, a local store offered me one at a good price, someone had ordered a body and cancelled, so they asked me to try it, and if I liked it they would negotiate the price.

So....not really thinking too much, wondering if in fact it was better than the E-M5 I had owned over Xmas last year, I took it out for a trial.

My opinion? The same as the E-M5 in the area of ergonomics, not a pleasant feel in the hand, the grip did not feel right, yes it was now part of it, but still too small in my hand, and felt alien to what I had grown to like about the GH3.

I ran some comparison shots, with both cameras... stills of course, not really interested in video that much... my 'tweaked' GH3 settings were to my eyes no different to the E-M1 images, so back it went and now at least I know.

IMHO, no advantage to make the change, and in fact I felt I would not feel like it belonged.

So, I will keep the pair I have. The GX7 and the GH3 are a good pair to have with me on the next trip, I leave for the UK for 5 weeks in less than 2 weeks... and the kit is the way I want it... as I said a while ago, we are lucky to be able to fine tune our choices of gear, while not having to compromise.

Phil

PS. I was out with Rover the dog today... Yes the GH3 is an 'Ancient Model', and my original 4 years old Lumix 14-140mm is even more 'Ancient' and 'Out Dated', but they are a great walk around combination. Nothing special, both images out of camera JPG's, no adjustment at all except resizing, using my C2 settings only.

GH3, f/8 @ 95 mm, 1/500, ISO 200, 14-400mm

GH3, f/6.3 @ 15 mm, 1/200, ISO 200
    Photo-Matix Imagery - Capturing Life with a camera
    Panasonic Lumix GX8, Lumix G85, Lumix GX7, and various lenses.
    Gallery: http://photos.photo-matix.com.au

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Interesting points of view regarding the GH3, and I agree with all of them. It's a miniature pro body that can be tailored to my specific needs far more than any other camera that I've used.

Here's another one from up north:

GH3 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/1.8 and 1/125s

GH3 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/2.0

Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 2nd December 2013 at 05:34.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

GH3 with PanaLeica 14-50mm f/2.8-3.5 @ 50mm and f/4

Post Thanks / Like

Jorgen

Excellent work - very compelling images with lovely tones and clarity. Looks like you have a winner!

LouisB

Post Thanks / Like

GH3 looks nice! I sure wish it had IBIS! Right now here they go for about $750 to $800 lightly used and minty which is still about $250 more than I wanna pay… So for me I'll waiting a bit longer if indeed I don't go for the OMD instead.

Thanks for starting this thread Jorgen!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Louis and Tess. The GH3 is indeed a pleasure to use. I miss phase detect AF more than I miss IBIS (never had that anyway), but the really great thing is that the camera gives much of the same feeling as a big Nikon, only with less than half the weight, easier menus, much better video and more adaptability than I've ever dreamed about.

Here's one from today. Unfortunately not as cute as some of the above, but one has to use what's available

GH3 with PanaLeica 14-50mm f/2.8-3.5 @ 33mm and f/5.6

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!
    Ya, IBIS is good for manual situations in low light. Well, you have LBIS so you already know all that… The difference is that sensor based corrections are a tad more robust and can be used with any lens! So imagine putting your Zeiss C/Y 100-300mm manual zoom on and getting 4 out 5 shots razor sharp at 1/10s or so. As it is now I can only get 1 out of 5 or 6 shots sharp at over 200mm with less than 1/20s. So it just gives ya more play with manual glass before having to pull out the tripod.

Hehe, and we're the opposite in this in all. I never use AF almost at all so I wouldn't know or miss any particular kind. I'm a manual focus boy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I guess the GH4 will have IBIS as well as 4K (and RAW movie?)

Unfortunately, it will also have a price tag

Post Thanks / Like

I guess the GH4 will have IBIS as well as 4K (and RAW movie?)

Unfortunately, it will also have a price tag
    For sure the E-M1 has a couple of nice features, if it only had the body look and feel of the GH3, I likely could be swayed. Honestly, the advantage of the brilliant IBIS while an advantage for some occasions and non Panasoni lenses, would not be enough make me tolerate the less than optimum ergonomics, undersized look and feel, and the glaring lack of an onboard fill flash when needed, not to mention the less than intuitive menu system.

Strictly my opinion of course, I respect the decision of other users and note the popularity of the E-Mx series has done wonders for m4/3.

Phil
    Last edited by Matix; 3rd December 2013 at 23:13.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matix View Post
    For sure the E-M1 has a couple of nice features, if it only had the body look and feel of the GH3, I likely could be swayed. Honestly, the advantage of the brilliant IBIS while an advantage for some occasions and non Panasoni lenses, would not be enouth make me tolerate the less than optimum ergonomics, undersized look and feel, and the glaring lack of an onboard fill flash when needed, not to mention the less than intuitive menu system.

Strictly my opinion of course, I respect the diecision of other users and note the popularity of the E-Mx series has done wonders for m4/3.

Phil
    This is just funny!

I would exactly argument the other way round with regards to EM1 versus GH3 - actually 180 degrees opposite!

So what are all these argumentations and opinions really worth! Finally it comes to the user behind the camera and what he/she feels. Anything else is like beating a dead horse again and again

Strictly my opinion of course

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
    This is just funny!

I would exactly argument the other way round with regards to EM1 versus GH3 - actually 180 degrees opposite!

So what are all these argumentations and opinions really worth! Finally it comes to the user behind the camera and what he/she feels. Anything else is like beating a dead horse again and again

Strictly my opinion of course
    Haha, yes we do have opinions.. the most important thing as you say, is the user behind the camera and what they feel. That was my reason for the post, just to express MY feelings, two great cameras so one has to make a decision based on personal subjectivity.

I was not meaning to be derogatory at all, and I do not read that into my comments, many have expressed similar in other posts. The point is, the disadvantages to ME outweigh the possible advantages.

With all due respect and not meaning to offend anyone....

Phil