The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rayqual Adapter Source

monza

Leica M —> M4/3 adapter: Japan Exposures, the webstore selling Japan-only photo products to the rest of the world, is now selling the adapter that allows you to use Leica M lenses on the Panasonic G1 Micro 4/3 camera. The price for the adapter is ¥18,700 (US$206, £135, €150).

From The Online Photographer

R

Ranger 9

Does he actually have them, or is he just advertising them in anticipation of their being available?

I've ordered stuff from him before and he seems like a great guy; just wondering if Rayqual has gotten ramped up yet.

scho

Does he actually have them, or is he just advertising them in anticipation of their being available?

I've ordered stuff from him before and he seems like a great guy; just wondering if Rayqual has gotten ramped up yet.
Yes, Dirk has them as of today. I have an FD adapter on the way which should arrive in a couple of days.

Leica 77

I recently acquired a Rayqual adapter and tried a couple of Leica M lenses on my Lumix G1. The results are fantastic as you can see in the attached digital images.

Last edited:

JimBuchanan

Can the lens can be removed from the Rayqual adapter, while it is attached to the G1 body?

That's my favorite M summicron 50, by the way.

Leica 77

Can the lens can be removed from the Rayqual adapter, while it is attached to the G1 body?

That's my favorite M summicron 50, by the way.
Hi Jim,
Yes, certainly! The lens can be very easily removed from the Rayqual lens adapter. There is a little knob with a red circle which can be pushed down to release the lock for the lens. Glad you asked the question. Leica 77

lmr

Jim... The lens can NOT be removed from the adapter while the adapter and lens are attached to the G1. The little nob/locking mechanism that Leica 77 mentioned has a pin that protrudes out to the rear towards the Camera. The Camera will prevent the lens from unlocking from the adapter. So... you will need to remove the lens & adapter as one unit and then remove the lens from the adapter. This design will most likely change in the next release.

There are forum members here looking at filing the rear pin down so that they can keep the adapter on the camera while changing lens.

...and yes, as per Leica 77, the lens can easily be removed from the adapter.

Hope this helps.

Robert.

Terry

Robert,
Are you speaking about the Rayqual adapter or the Novoflex? It has been reported that the Novoflex needs to come off the camera to release the lens. I hadn't heard that the rayqual has the exact same issue.

Last edited:

lmr

OOOOOoooppp Terry & Jim and All ... My Bad... I was talking about the Novoflex.

Sorry for the incorrect information on Rayqual adapter.

Robert.

Leica 77

I post one more digital image recorded with the Lumix G1 coupled with a Rayqual Leica M lens adapter. The lens used was a Summicron M 50 cm at f2.8. Please note the "bokeh" in the background as well. Leica 77

Last edited:

Leica 77

The ultimate source for the Rayqual Lens Adapters must be the factory that produces them. Attached is a map showing the location of the Rayqual Factory, situated at Toyotamanaka, Nerima Ward, Tokyo. Please see the red arrow. Leica 77