The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Dream come true from Sigma?!

ptomsu

Workshop Member
If they also manage to make the sensor more sensitive and allow for support with today's popular RAW converters (Aperture, Lightroom, C1Pro) then this would be really great.

Albeit with the same ISO performance as the current Foveon sensors I would not be buying - and I believe this is their biggest problem.

250swb

I've mostly photographed in daylight during the last forty years (a few times I used flash), so the Foveon sensor would be great as it comes as far as I'm concerned. I think this is exciting if true.

Steve

Brian Mosley

I have mixed feelings about this. I hope Sigma form a close partnership with Panasonic or Olympus to bring a Sigma flavour of the GX7 or E-M5 with Sigma sensor, rather than developing their own body from scratch.

Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Cheers

Brian

RichA

I've mostly photographed in daylight during the last forty years (a few times I used flash), so the Foveon sensor would be great as it comes as far as I'm concerned. I think this is exciting if true.

Steve
Better be "good" daylight as the Foveon colour starts to look weird past 200 ISO.