The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-M5 tethered shooting?

I am doing a portrait studio shoot this week.

I can do Eye-Fi to a tablet but I'd prefer, on this occasion, to show the images on my studio PC.

Snag is the studio PC does not have wifi. I have a wifi usb stick but it's quite a chore setting the PC up to handle the Eye-Fi card as it needs to see the internet to dial in to the Eye-Fi control site and that means tethering my cellphone to the PC. Yes it can be done but I'd far rather connect the camera to the PC by USB cable and forget wifi.

But then I read that the cameras controls will not work if it has an USB cable attached. Yes?

Any help would be appreciated. Somewhere else I read that Olympus were giving away a free copy of Olympus Studio and that supported tethering but I am not sure if it is still around.

Google has found me this:-

https://imagecraft.com/

Any users?

Any other ideas?

Tony