Site Sponsors

Thread: Panasonic G6

Post Thanks / Like

Panasonic G6

Okay Brooks Jensen likes the G6, sort of raves about it here:

Panasonic G6

So how does the G6 compare to the current crop of m4/3s like the GX7, E1, or EM5 and GH3 for that matter?

The current G6 price is very attractive.

Don Bryant

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Panasonic G6

On the test-bench, the G6 sensor lags a bit behind the others you've mentioned in dynamic range and higher ISO performance (see DxOMark side-by-side comparisons -- G6 dynamic range: 11.5 evs, EM-1 dynamic range: 12.7 evs). It depends on the photographer as to whether this difference is significant or not, particularly as the price for the G6 is a fair bit lower than the others. For Brooks Jensen, coming from a G2, the G6 is still an appreciable improvement.

IBIS (in-body-image-stabilization): EM-1, EM-5, and GX7 (Panasonic's first crack at it).
    Weather sealing: EM-1, EM-5, GH3
    Video king: GH3

Size, weight, usability: depends on user.
    Best regards,
    John.
    http://jburnett.ca
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Panasonic G6

I think the G6 is a great little body, with most of all the newest tech. I can't see much difference in image quality, between my new GM1 and my G6. I did notice, that they both seem to lag behind my GH3 a bit though. Maybe critical testing would show more differences, but from me shooting and processing the files, that's my impression. If I hadn't got the GH3 on sale a couple weeks ago, for less than what I paid for my first G6, than I would have bought another G6, because I like it so much.

Post Thanks / Like