The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 Wide Angle converter

Traut

How difficult would it be for someone like a CV to develop a negative diopter converter as part of a LTM or M adapter that would restore the WA the sensor eliminates. A teleconverter in reverse. It would be "standardized" for certain focal lengths i.e. a 15-21mm or a 24-35mm and only 1 camera thus not trying to accomplish too much? I understand it would put more glass in the path - but at what price?

V

Vivek

The kind you are looking for if it were to preserve the aperture (light transmission) and the image quality is possible but they would cost more than the new 50/0.95 Noctilux.

Such converters use precision relay optics. There are no cheaper ways to do it other than a front mounted afocal converter.

I have been experimenting with one for the kit zoom. A 0.7X converter appears to be OK. I have to check it further to say more on it.

monza

Hopefully not too much barrel distortion...a 0.7x would make the kit lens 20mm/3.5, not bad at all. :)