Site Sponsors

Thread: Fujinon TV 50mm f/1,4

Post Thanks / Like

Fujinon TV 50mm f/1,4

I have a Fujinon TV 50/1,4 that I'd like to modify for closer focusing. I know these lenses are popular for modification, and was hoping someone may have trod down this path previously. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong place. If I have, would a moderator kindly move it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fujinon TV 50mm f/1,4

Modification is not necessary?

Spacers, at various lengths, are available on eBay. They are usually 5mm at $1 or so, from China. They go between the camera and the lens. As the lens goes away from the sensor, the focal range gets closer and closer. For very high magnification, reversing the lens may be desirable.

This lens is not terribly good at macro work, but any lens will do. Enlarger lenses are the cheapest best option?

This lens is ideal for portrait work on NEX or m4/3.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fujinon TV 50mm f/1,4

I can do that for you, Jeffrey... but there's only about 5 or 6 inches of focus available before you approach the shoulder of the helical. If you need anything more than that, it's best to loosen the lens on the c-mount thread or use a spacing ring, as suggested above.
    www.ekoecamera.com - bespoke lens service, adjustment and modification