The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Has anyone actually used an Oly 150mm f2 on an e-m1?

httivals

Yes, and I love it. Autofocus is very good in single shot and C-AF, but not perfect. I've used it for my son's basketball games in a gym and outdoor soccer games with great success. It focuses a bit better in the outdoor light, but the indoor focusing is still good (6400 iso, f2, and 1/1,000 -- to give you an idea of the EV).

The lens is sharp edge to edge at all focusing distances. It renders beautifully. It has beautiful bokeh. Some CA wide open, but not bad.

httivals

Used they go for about $1500 - $1700. I'd look around a bit rather than buying a new one. They're built like a tank, really, much better built than most Canon L lenses I had, so the likelihood of damage due to misuse is quite small as long as it's in very good or better condition

stephen.s1

Just received my new 150 f/2 today... It's been an overcast flat light day. But, what the heck... slipped the new lens on... It's HEAVY... but after D3 and D800e.. not so terrible. Focus is slow. but accurate. Here's a few quick and dirty shots;

[/IMG]

httivals

Focus is only slow when you are at less than about 10-12 feet focusing distance. For action photography, you'll almost always be at a further focusing distance.

tim driver

Late yto this thread - I have both and they work we'll for me - as was said previously coming from a heavy nikon setup I much prefer this to the D3 and 200 F2 to carry around